overall

RATINGS: 471   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.63   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
Bud Light Platinum has reinvented the category of light beer. Within each cobalt blue bottle lies a bold formula thatís triple filtered with a smooth finish to create its stop shelf taste. Its the first of its kind, and the only beer worthy of the name Bud Light Platinum.

Bricks' rating

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
Bricks (758) - Delaware, USA - JAN 29, 2012
Appearance is as expected. Light yellowish color, some head which dissipates quickly. Fierce bubbling. Aroma is sweet corn with some metallic essence... maybe some paper too. Taste is very light and quite honestly, not bad. Thereís a vegetable, papery weirdness in the taste but otherwise OK. 6%, low on cals, drinkable.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
stevoj (2950) - Boise, Idaho, USA - AUG 9, 2015
Can from Albertsons. Drinking this for an Untappd badge, period. Not expecting much. Normal pale lager look and feel, nose a bit maltier than the norm. Taste is sweet grain and adjuncts, not bad, mouth feel is fairly slick. Very drinkable, not much in flavor, but overall decent.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
PhatCatt (25) - Michigan, USA - AUG 8, 2015
Light golden color with floral notes, crisp. Not bad, better than expected.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
CapFlu (4806) - Victoria, British Columbia, CANADA - AUG 6, 2015
Light gold with high carbonation. Nose is more corn malt than the original. No detection of hops. Somewhat watery but a step up from regular Bud Light. Courtesy of my brother in law.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
gramity (1581) - Edmonton, Alberta, CANADA - JUL 27, 2015
Appearance is transparent gold. Taste is watery corn pee. I donít like Bud Light, so the fact that this is 6% is somewhat redeeming. However, this is still an offence to good beer and Iíd prefer it was never made.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
jsmanigold (101) - Texas, USA - JUL 24, 2015
This brew actually surprised me. This is probably the best product AB has produced. It is light sweet and refreshing. This beer is a great choice after work on a hot summer day.

kellzbellz (1) - radford, Virginia, USA - JUN 6, 2015 does not count
I refuse to drink anything else!!!!!! Its a little expensive but its totally worth it!!! Even tho I wish it wasnít so expensive!!!!! And Iíd love to be able to find a 24 pack or a 30 pack!!!!!!! All Iíve seen is 22ís, 6 packs and 12 packs!!!!! But I rate it a 100 plus!!!!!!!

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
Alcoman (4) - Texas, USA - MAY 16, 2015 does not count
This is the socially acceptable drink for someone in a crowd of judgemental know-nothings. Still tastes like BL piss-water but has the potency to get you tipsy enough to deal with the likes of the closed-minded. You can drink it like water and it goes through as such. Ideal for lightweight novices but decent enough to fit in with the crowd.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 15/20
beer_rookie (146) - Arkansas, USA - MAY 7, 2015
Pours a light golden straw color. Looks like Bud Light. It has a head that lasts pretty well, probably longer than a Bud Light. Lots of little bubbles, and theyíre clinging to the sides of my glass like crazy! Lacing? Did I miss it?

Right from the moment I opened the bottle, I could smell something. At first I thought it was floral, but now I think itís just íunroastedí malt. It also has alcohol on the nose. Itís different. I donít know why Iím rating it as highly as I am.

Taste is very light, the lightness of Bud Light of course. But because of it, I taste alcohol, and I detect some hoppiness in there. The hops bitterness is countered by some sweetness. Itís pretty good. In no way complex, but it works,

Mouthfeel, yeah. I donít know what it is, but it just doesnít finish very clean. Itís light in body, but doesnít finish clean and crisp like Bud Light. Not that Iím comparing it necessarily to Bud Light, but itís not what I expect.

Overall, itís pretty good. After 22oz of this, and the alcohol is starting to kick in, itís starting to seem better and better. I like it. I would drink it again. I would recommend it. But if itís a high alcohol beer you want, there are better options. If itís Bud Light you want, then thatís what you should buy. If you want both, then íthis Budís for you!"

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
GIJOE (968) - North Berwick, Maine, USA - MAY 5, 2015
Clear, pale gold, fizzy. No head. Nose slightly malty. Tastes sweet like diet soda. Slightly bitter aftertaste. What can I say? It's better than standard Bud Light. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
maley1 (899) - calgary, Alberta, CANADA - MAY 5, 2015
Clear yellow pour with medium white head. Aroma of malts, grains and metallic. Taste of malts, grains, corn and a metallicky sweet finish. Light bodied, medium carbonation, drinkable but not very good.