Budweiser American Ale

(RETIRED)
overall

RATINGS: 809   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.68   EST. CALORIES: 159   ABV: 5.3%
Carefully brewed with barley from America’s heartland and cascade hops from the pacific northwest, this rich, amber colored ale has robust flavor and a distinctive hoppy finish.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 5/20
Haagnbus922 (7) - Sun Prairie, Wisconsin, USA - JAN 15, 2009 does not count
I was recently subjected to this Ale when a buddy of mine brought over a six pack. He built it up as the beer that made him stop drinking Miller and start drinking Budweiser. Overall, I was not very impressed with the beer. It pours a good head and has a nice caramel color to it but lacks total depth of flavor. In the end I would have to say that I am not going to be a Budweiser guy anytime soon...and that my friend is an idiot!

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
lancegill (6) - , Texas, USA - JAN 9, 2009 does not count
Oooh look! You need a bottle opener, must be good! Who cares. Especially when a piece of the lip cracks off with the cap like this one. Damnit! Smells typical Bud with an added mollasses and bit of spice maybe. Looks like ice tea, I bet the color is fake. Tastes decent enough, a hint of hops at least but mouthfeel is weak. Similar to a Ziegenbock or Amber Bock. Not even as good as a Shiner. Nothing special at all. For the same price I could have had my Sierra Nevada. I’m left craving hops.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
bdriscoll (5) - Albany, New York, USA - SEP 26, 2008 does not count
Suprisingly good, sufficiently full-bodied, i was expecting something similar to the standard budweiser lager, but was pleasntly suprised at its fullness, though it could be more flavorful. solid to pretty good.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Aks0725 (5) - Richmond, Virginia, USA - OCT 24, 2009 does not count
A better offering from anheuser, but thats not saying much. i decided to give it a chance and wish i hadnt. tastes watered down, as do most of thier products. bought a six pack(bottled) drank 2 and the rest have sat in my fridge for a month

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
vgw080020 (4) - Texas, USA - OCT 15, 2011 does not count
After some skepticism due to the fact that I hate all things Budweiser (except for their commercials), I was actually impressed. It’s nothing like their other products; it actually has that after-taste that beer is supposed to have, instead of tasting like piss-water. Thumbs up!

do0rkn0b (3) - , Georgia, USA - OCT 27, 2008 does not count
a really good beer unless you’re a snob nosed person writing a review for this site, you pay 30 dollars for a bottle of beer and i’ll stick to getting wasted. wine taster posers.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
bvbellomo (3) - , Ohio, USA - JAN 4, 2009 does not count
Tried this out of curiosity, and was very impressed for a mass-produced American. Extremely clean, clear, no flaws, good looking, targeted to mass-appeal - all the strengths of large American industrial brews, but with a good malt taste and tiny bit of "ale" yeast character. I am don’t get the "distinctive hoppy finish" but overall this is good beer. If this were at the same price as other Bud products, this would easily become my choice for drinking ’everyday’ or saving money. At just over $1 per bottle, it is just too closely priced to more distinctive choices to be something I fill my fridge with.

1.1
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
JazzNorm (3) - USA - SEP 21, 2008 does not count
Should have spent the marketing money on product development. As bad as I feared. No aroma. Tastes like a boubon and water. Maybe a bit of Bass Ale flavor if you add two pints of water to each pint of Bass. I’m not sure who they are marketing this to, as my Bud fiend buddy doesn’t want to try it because he say’s it will be too strong.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
Maelstrom09 (3) - GUAM - APR 14, 2009 does not count
[Bottle] Sweet malt aroma (a plus). Looks clear and crisp, like a solid amber ale . . . with a thin head. Bitter and carbonated, but quite thin for a THE american ale, but then again, its from the makers of uber-commercialized beer. No qualms about it, i’ll take it over your standard Bud or Bud Light any day, but I won’t be excited about it. IN SUM: I like the aroma; that’s about it. I also wouldn’t pay more than $1 per bottle for it. . .

1.2
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
Songerfdi (2) - , Kentucky, USA - OCT 4, 2008 does not count
Initial taste has the malt starting with a flair of hops, unfortunately, it finishes flat. If you like Budweiser amberbock or amber ultra you will most definitely like this. However, when I taste it ( and this may be a bias) I get a sense of a carefully computer caliberated beer. On paper it works, but doesn’t meet realistic expectations.