Budweiser American Ale

(RETIRED)
overall

RATINGS: 812   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.68   EST. CALORIES: 159   ABV: 5.3%
Carefully brewed with barley from America’s heartland and cascade hops from the pacific northwest, this rich, amber colored ale has robust flavor and a distinctive hoppy finish.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
RiverShark (28) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 9, 2008
The best beer to come out of Anheuser Busch. Hoppy flavor with no bad aftertaste. Hopefully this beer proves alot of people wrong about AB

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
jimig (23) - , Texas, USA - SEP 22, 2008
Nice pour with a thick head that screams to be drank. The hops are mild and easy across the palate. Impressive offering from AB for an "American" Ale. Yes, Americans as a whole like the more mute flavors. Superb Marco!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
cdub939 (18) - Florida, USA - OCT 16, 2008
Im am more than Glad ! To see that Budweiser did it ! They took it to the next level. The taste the flavors the Hops! Just the feeling it leaves on your mouth. Great Stuff Wonderful Job Tom !

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
mddawso (89) - Normal, Illinois, USA - OCT 7, 2008
I really am afraid that most raters won’t look past the Budweiser Label on this one. I generally don’t like how sweet amber ales can be, but I was amazed by this beer. I generally stay away from macros, but this was a $6 six pack, and I figured it was worth the purchase so when people asked me I could at least say I had had it. The taste was phenomenally balanced. It had some sweetness, but not the overly malty sweetness that most ambers have. It was hopped nicely, although there wasn’t quite the hop character that I generally associate with Cascasde hops. Really a good beer. Give it a chance with an open mind.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
ronaldtheriot (1333) - Laplace, Louisiana, USA - JUN 15, 2009
International Beverages (A-B) scored a home run with this one. Budweiser American Ale is hands down the best ever produced from the Budweiser line. Beautiful head in the shaker glass, and an all around pleasant drinking experience. This one is highly recommended. RJT

BigBen2120 (688) - Derry, New Hampshire, USA - OCT 9, 2008
12oz bottle from Shaw’s supermarket. Pours a crystal-clear amber-red body with a half inch of quickly dissipating head. Smells bready, with caramel and a slight citrus hop presence. Tastes like a nice balance between citrussy American hops and bready caramel malt. On the lighter side of medium bodied with ample carbonation. Very very drinkable. While Amber ale is a bit of a catch-all category, this is a solid example of the style. A bit pedestrian compared to what I’m used to, and not the best example of the style I’ve had, but a tasty, drinkable, easy to find, and inexpensive brew, and I wouldn’t mind picking this one up more often.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
beergod434 (19) - bossier, Louisiana, USA - OCT 18, 2008
well its a about time budweiser did it right this a great beer to drink with a meal like a steak and the cool thing is it will go good with a burger a light hops after tone and a even wheat flaver and a pretty head with a aroma that every beer is going to have to compete agaist

do0rkn0b (3) - , Georgia, USA - OCT 27, 2008 does not count
a really good beer unless you’re a snob nosed person writing a review for this site, you pay 30 dollars for a bottle of beer and i’ll stick to getting wasted. wine taster posers.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
BDawg82 (70) - Jackson, Mississippi, USA - JUN 14, 2009
I am really shocked. This stuff is excellent. Hoppy flavor (it really is), beautiful dark amber appearance, agreeable sweetness, an aroma that accurately foreshadows flavor, and a clean finish that invites a return trip. A-B’s manufacturing accomplishment in this product is akin to GM making a safer car than the Swedes and Japanese reliability an antiquated novelty. Go buy a sixer and support the home team.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
FISNINCHIPS (1) - California, USA - AUG 19, 2009 does not count
This is a great brew. I NEVER drink Budweiser products; I prefer very strong IPA style ales. I was out of town and the store only had "cheap" beers, and so this was the only thing that I thought might even come close to my need for flavor. I also love amber style ales, so this wasn’t just a blind shot; I did not expect an IPA. Wow! Was I surprised. This is actually a very good brew. Pour it in a glass to look at it. Then close your eyes and give it a sniff! Next, take it into your thirsty mouth and enjoy one sweeeet little "cheap" beer. Love it> Way to go A.B.