Budweiser American Ale

(RETIRED)
overall

RATINGS: 809   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.68   EST. CALORIES: 159   ABV: 5.3%
Carefully brewed with barley from America’s heartland and cascade hops from the pacific northwest, this rich, amber colored ale has robust flavor and a distinctive hoppy finish.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
Songerfdi (2) - , Kentucky, USA - OCT 4, 2008 does not count
Initial taste has the malt starting with a flair of hops, unfortunately, it finishes flat. If you like Budweiser amberbock or amber ultra you will most definitely like this. However, when I taste it ( and this may be a bias) I get a sense of a carefully computer caliberated beer. On paper it works, but doesn’t meet realistic expectations.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
puggy211 (711) - cordova, Tennessee, USA - OCT 8, 2008
they can do better...and should. expecting a beer that would be a slightly more malted up bud with more sweetish malt clean and with a tight finish. and somewhere in there the hint of hop in the German style only weaker. the color to be nut brown like with a less than moderate but carbonated palate. the carbonation weak after about 2 minutes. UHHH....pour down the drain.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
onecrazybreeze (21) - , Colorado, USA - NOV 20, 2008
Bottle. I too had hope for this beer and did not want to discount it immediately because it is made by Budweiser. Poured an translucent amber color with almost no aroma. Taste reminds me of Gak. I’d say a pretty big letdown.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
drfood (25) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 29, 2009
draft, bar in harrisburg. Although clear and pretty in the glass with an attractive head, this beer is really disappointing. The aroma is forbidding, a little bit like a mineral-clogged pipe. There’s a sweetness on the palate and then the bad plumbing effect returns. I took a sip, then a second to make sure, tipped the barmaid and left the rest.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
JazzNorm (3) - USA - SEP 21, 2008 does not count
Should have spent the marketing money on product development. As bad as I feared. No aroma. Tastes like a boubon and water. Maybe a bit of Bass Ale flavor if you add two pints of water to each pint of Bass. I’m not sure who they are marketing this to, as my Bud fiend buddy doesn’t want to try it because he say’s it will be too strong.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
jcdsmack (88) - Henderson, Nevada, USA - OCT 1, 2008
I don’t get it. The commercial on TV says they used cascade hops. Barely if at all, they did however use some crystal malt as is evident in the color and aroma. It pours a realy nice copper color, decent off white head, looks OK. Taste like someone mixed a Budweiser with a Boston Lager and maybe a splash of SNPA. No hop character except whatever they put in regular bud. Way to thin and carbonated, I doubt this beer was even really top fermented. It’s pretty much like they took a bud and colored it to look like a pale ale, threw on a pry off cap and are hoping to sucker a few people into trying it out. I actually consider this beer to be offensive. The Michelobe craft beer efforts are at least legit. This is a bad joke!

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
Whiskeyjack (10) - , Massachusetts, USA - OCT 4, 2008
Pours amber in color with a negligible head. Faint hop aroma. Unbalanced bitterness with an unpleasant sour aftertaste at the back of one’s throat. I had high hopes for this beer and what I found was a pale copy of a Sam Adams.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
ILoveNewBeer (113) - Iowa City, Iowa, USA - OCT 21, 2008
Smells like every other Budweiser I’ve smelled, and it seems like it has potential. I’m glad I bought this in a mixed sixer because I don’t think I could drink anymore than one of these beers. I don’t like this beer, flavor seems weird. I had hopes for Budweiser since they were bought out by a Belgian company. Disappointment seems to be synonymous with Budweiser.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
SledgeJr (3577) - Omaha, Nebraska, USA - FEB 13, 2009
This tastes burnt. Why can’t they get anything right? It does have a slight hop aroma, in a break from their typical brews. Amber in color (likely from artificial caramel coloring). This is just unpleasant. Horribly over rated here at 2.7

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
Davetopay (53) - Leesburg, Virginia, USA - JUN 22, 2009
UPDATED: OCT 10, 2009 DRECK. I couldn’t finish a second one. I was hoping that maybe I had found a cheap sessioner along the lines of Sam Adams...by was I wrong. It just flat out tastes cheap. The corn and rice adjucts come right to the front, an unpleasant soapy flavor floats around in there as well. I wouldn’t be surprised if there was artificial coloring added. Avoid it. RUN FROM IT. I will buy Mickeys before I buy this again.