overall

RATINGS: 429   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.28/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
With a blend of two-row caramel malt and four types of domestic hops, Budweiser Black Crown is finished on a bed of Beechwood chips for a smooth, balanced taste. Incorporating the proprietary yeast directly descended from the original Budweiser yeast strain used by Adolphus Busch in 1876, Budweiser Black Crown retains the key characteristics of Budweiser with its clean taste and high drinkability. Featuring more body, color and hop character than the flagship lager, it also has a slightly higher alcohol content at 6% ABV.

1.4
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 6/20
honest_silu (68) - Jeddah, SAUDI ARABIA - NOV 23, 2013
I see this beer on tv and buy for much sexy and dark appeal. I wish to be like sexy man and lady in disco playing poker and dance full boost on table cha-cha-cha, I am not liking taste of damp basement or even wet towel after month of not wash. It have other flavours of sour and tart reminding me not to buy againe. Instead of dance party I become dissapoint when I realize this is only beer I have in fridge. Edit: I write this as I return from bathroom station area. Telling from my heart, I am not ok. I have much stomach upset and nausea from drink this beer.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 6/20
kenter2000 (65) - , Wisconsin, USA - NOV 14, 2013
Pale and sheepish on the inside. THe label is a lie! It looked so tough. This is Budweisers answer to the craft brew? They played it pretty safe. Back to appearance. Just enough color that I know I’m not drinking a corona. has the distinct resemblance of murky agitated mud water. Taste? Copper? Just for a moment. Is that the blood of the weak? Second sip, copper taste gone. Now all I taste is weak. All harshness evaporated. I am now just drinking sparkling spiked grain water. Forgot to smell. Smelt it. tried to. got something in my nose but cannot place its vagueness. Back to drinking now. I’ve come to realize I am drinking beer. I take comfort in that. I suppose the one thing I can about this whole zany experience is that it’s palate is nice. They managed to get the right amount of carbonation. But Overall I consider the black crown actually an transparent head garment with little power to wield.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
stevoj (3934) - Boise, Idaho, USA - NOV 14, 2013
Darker gold and slightly maltier than Bud, aroma is slightly funky, sour musty barnyard. Taste isn’t much better not horrible but not great either. mostly malt. More funk on the palate at the finish.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
firemarshal (204) - North Carolina, USA - NOV 11, 2013
I’m not going to give this the AATPO treatment. What I am going to say is I love my home made beer, I love craft beer, and I also love this beer from AB. I can’t and won’t hate this beer just bc it’s from a macro.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Rrauth (1196) - North Carolina, USA - NOV 8, 2013
Bottle. Thx Jason. Ok I'm wasted but this isn't bad. After moonshine and lots if beer it still has character nice. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
redneckpride (11) - New Hampshire, USA - NOV 4, 2013
For a macro, this is surprisingly good. Sweet and palatable, makes a smooth drink with your favorite meal. Quite excellent for a A.B. product. Bud clearly wants to keep its title of King of Beers. Definitely not a Bass ale, but certainly a respectable light-bodied brewskie.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Cirrhosis (1283) - Edmonton, Alberta, CANADA - NOV 4, 2013
Ugggg lets give this a whirl...... try this since they’r out of new castle. Nice tulip pint glass. Amber body, limted skiff on top. Served so cold there is no aroma...... A long wait later, aroma is still mild, sweet, grainy, a hoppy chem, nothing bad or appealing. Taste is close to the same. Fake, banana, roast malts, chem, weird lightly harsh after taste. Bad beer

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
Mora2000 (6155) - McKinney, Texas, USA - NOV 3, 2013
Golden pour with a white head. The aroma has a lot of grain and not much else. The flavor is grain, sugar, toffee and a hint of orange. Medium mouthfeel and medium carbonation.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
petewhitley (519) - Nagoya, JAPAN - NOV 3, 2013
(tasted under the label of "Batch #91406") ~This review was made some time ago via another application, and thus the specific details (beyond numerical scores) are no longer available~

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
JRHBrew (367) - Fredericton, New Brunswick, CANADA - NOV 2, 2013
I think is a great beer. I think if it was made by someone else people would really like it.