overall

RATINGS: 412   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.27   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
With a blend of two-row caramel malt and four types of domestic hops, Budweiser Black Crown is finished on a bed of Beechwood chips for a smooth, balanced taste. Incorporating the proprietary yeast directly descended from the original Budweiser yeast strain used by Adolphus Busch in 1876, Budweiser Black Crown retains the key characteristics of Budweiser with its clean taste and high drinkability. Featuring more body, color and hop character than the flagship lager, it also has a slightly higher alcohol content at 6% ABV.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
batneil (347) - - MAY 26, 2014
I wasn’t a fan of this one. I had low expectations from a Budweiser beer, and while it has a little more flavour than a standard Bud, it didn’t have much else going for it.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
lukedarock (183) - Howell, Michigan, USA - MAY 17, 2014
Really not to bad for the price, better than my expectations forsure, nothing to go crazy about but better than original bud

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
Sammy (8942) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - MAY 9, 2014
Can at LCBO tasting. Gummy, it is malty and in the style but not easy on the palate. NOT TOO DRINKABLE. ROUGE EDGES.

1.3
   AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
HorsePiss (2) - - MAY 2, 2014 does not count
This is horse piss. Looks like horse piss. Tastes like horse piss. Smells actually not bad. Thats some kind of aromatic "caramel toasted malt" flavoring they added to throw you off. Dont be fooled. This is HORSE PISS. I’d like another though, just to be sure, its messing with me now that the horse piss after taste is gone. For that, I give it a 2.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
wilnatp (622) - Minnesota, USA - MAY 1, 2014
Can. Pour is light brown. Aroma of sweet fruits, caramel and maybe some vanilla. Taste is sweet. Poor amber.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
AlfredReece92 (25) - Taylor, Arkansas, USA - APR 28, 2014
Not my first choice, but I can drink it, I really enjoy the smell, just the taste leaves a lot to be desired to me. I would much rather pay less money and just get regular old Bud or maybe a different brand all together...

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
patrick767 (3611) - fort wayne, Indiana, USA - APR 13, 2014
bottle - Pours clear light amber and has a mild grainy malt aroma with a touch of caramel. The flavor is sweet and again grainy with a bit of caramel. It’s slightly toasty and quite mediocre. I had this side by side with Beck’s Sapphire because apparently I do not like myself. It could have been worse, I guess. I rate this slightly better than the Sapphire.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 7/20
Hangover (1064) - Atlanta, Alabama, USA - APR 5, 2014
Crystal clear amber pour with a thin white head. Malty, vegetable aroma. Sweet, metallic, syrupy flavor. Thin bodied. Did not like this one.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
presario (4709) - Stampede City, Alberta, CANADA - APR 2, 2014
Poor amber with metallic edge. I guess the scoop of darker malt in the commercial does have an effect. Did I say metallic.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
MartinT (8135) - Montreal, Quebec, CANADA - APR 1, 2014
My Bottom Line:
Limp cereals give off honeyed allusions in this very quiet sugary lager.

Further Personal Perceptions:
-A slice of foam covers the amber-hued golden.
-Hops are nearly absent.
-The malts don’t even develop clear caramel flavors.
-If this were crisp and refreshing, I’d at least quench my thirst. But it’s nowhere near that.
-I would take Sam Adams Boston Lager over this 10 times out of 10 (for a similar flavor profile, intensity and availability).

Bottle.