overall

RATINGS: 405   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.28   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
With a blend of two-row caramel malt and four types of domestic hops, Budweiser Black Crown is finished on a bed of Beechwood chips for a smooth, balanced taste. Incorporating the proprietary yeast directly descended from the original Budweiser yeast strain used by Adolphus Busch in 1876, Budweiser Black Crown retains the key characteristics of Budweiser with its clean taste and high drinkability. Featuring more body, color and hop character than the flagship lager, it also has a slightly higher alcohol content at 6% ABV.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Itzjerm (1307) - Taft, Tennessee, USA - DEC 13, 2013
Taste of alcohol carbonation and grain. Not enjoyable. Thin fading head. Sweetness taste of Budweiser. Pass.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Cwh51990 (3) - Franklin, Massachusetts, USA - DEC 13, 2013 does not count
One of the better buds I've tasted in some time. Little high priced for a Budweiser. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

0.7
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
Chrisstick1 (1) - Garden City, Idaho, USA - DEC 8, 2013 does not count
This beer is FOUL! Cannot believe AB went through all the effort and this was the result. At least the alcohol content is very high so if you can manage to get one down you will probably not remember how disgusting it is!

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
penguinfinity (107) - North Carolina, USA - NOV 25, 2013
Bottle. Smells like a Bud, and the taste follows, but thereís something more I canít place. It still tastes like a cheap malt beverage, but itís a cut above the regular stuff, though not by much. Iíve had worse, but Iíve had much better. The best Bud is still Bud Light Platinum, although I didnít rate that much higher (1.8).

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
gkeh (218) - Texas, USA - NOV 24, 2013
Only beer present at a thanksgiving gathering (fail on my part). Light body with a very faint sweet malt flavor. Not very good.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
rejtable (1377) - Ontario, CANADA - NOV 24, 2013
Probably the best mainstream Bud product Iíve had, not saying much. Sweet, very fruity. Poured with lots of head. Light body, not much to it.

1.4
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 6/20
honest_silu (56) - Jeddah, SAUDI ARABIA - NOV 23, 2013
I see this beer on tv and buy for much sexy and dark appeal. I wish to be like sexy man and lady in disco playing poker and dance full boost on table cha-cha-cha, I am not liking taste of damp basement or even wet towel after month of not wash. It have other flavours of sour and tart reminding me not to buy againe. Instead of dance party I become dissapoint when I realize this is only beer I have in fridge. Edit: I write this as I return from bathroom station area. Telling from my heart, I am not ok. I have much stomach upset and nausea from drink this beer.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 6/20
kenter2000 (46) - , Wisconsin, USA - NOV 14, 2013
Pale and sheepish on the inside. THe label is a lie! It looked so tough. This is Budweisers answer to the craft brew? They played it pretty safe. Back to appearance. Just enough color that I know Iím not drinking a corona. has the distinct resemblance of murky agitated mud water. Taste? Copper? Just for a moment. Is that the blood of the weak? Second sip, copper taste gone. Now all I taste is weak. All harshness evaporated. I am now just drinking sparkling spiked grain water. Forgot to smell. Smelt it. tried to. got something in my nose but cannot place its vagueness. Back to drinking now. Iíve come to realize I am drinking beer. I take comfort in that. I suppose the one thing I can about this whole zany experience is that itís palate is nice. They managed to get the right amount of carbonation. But Overall I consider the black crown actually an transparent head garment with little power to wield.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
stevoj (2235) - Boise, Idaho, USA - NOV 14, 2013
Darker gold and slightly maltier than Bud, aroma is slightly funky, sour musty barnyard. Taste isnít much better not horrible but not great either. mostly malt. More funk on the palate at the finish.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
firemarshal (168) - North Carolina, USA - NOV 11, 2013
Iím not going to give this the AATPO treatment. What I am going to say is I love my home made beer, I love craft beer, and I also love this beer from AB. I canít and wonít hate this beer just bc itís from a macro.