Budweiser Brew Masters Private Reserve

overall

RATINGS: 218   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.56/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 255   ABV: 8.5%
Brew Masters’ Private Reserve is an exceptionally rich beer that is a symphony of character, featuring a balanced hop aroma with 8.5 percent alcohol by volume (ABV). Based on the time-honored Budweiser brewmaster holiday tradition of collecting the richest first part of the brew as it is tapped to the brew kettles to celebrate the season, this is the first time it is being made available to the public.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
ChetLemmons (87) - orlando, Florida, USA - DEC 3, 2007
2007, dark, cloudy amber, with nice off brown head. smells like an average run of the mill beer, with a very slight underlining of caramel. not very smooth. it’s sad the budweiser considers this their "best." if this were my "private reserve," i would be embarrassed.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
StLsportsfan (65) - Hazelwood, Missouri, USA - MAR 11, 2007
I got this in the clearance aisle, thinking it wouldn’t skunk due to the high alcohol. Well it didn’t skunk. (I think) IF you are going to drink it, I suggest some real strong food. I had it with (lots of onion, peppers, ham, mayo style) macaroni salad, and a brat. It was a good pairing. But now that I"m trying it solo... well I gave it a 2.0 Just an other hoity toity malt liquor. Like my Grandpappy says; a butt still smells like a butt, no matter what the packaging.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
BOBANDDOUG (61) - Belleville, Illinois, USA - SEP 22, 2007
UPDATED: SEP 26, 2007 This review is on the yet-released 2007 edition of the beer. Got a plain label, sample 12oz bottle from a friend at the AB brewery. This is NOT the same beer as the previous 2 years, it is a dopplebock this year! And a really nice one. Pours nice dark, clear amber, with tan head that fades into decent lacing. Nice roasted malts smell. The surprise is the flavor. Roasted malts, apple, pear, molasses and fig notes appear. It finishes nice, with a warmth of alcohol. The label is plain white, but says 8.5% alc/vol. This is by far and away the best AB product I have ever had. It rates up with almost any German Dopples I have had--that includes Celebrator. Not better, but damn close. Nice job on this, AB, keep this type of work coming!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
bergface (56) - madison, Alabama, USA - MAR 5, 2007
If this is definitively a malt liquor then it has to be one of the best out there (havent had the Dogfish Head). The head sustained really well, and this beer a much better offering than anything else branded Budweiser by Anheuser. It definately has more depth in the malts and a lot more hops than regular offerings. Also the bottle is great for homebrewers that bottle, that have people over a lot... One of these saves 2-4 smaller bottles.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
dslunsford1 (55) - Hampton, Virginia, USA - DEC 3, 2007
Yo, my buddy and I snagged a handle of this from our local brewery. I threw mine in a pint glass, from which I could clearly distinguish the faint aroma of toffee, caramel, and Land-O-Lakes butta. The taste was smooth, yet somewhat refined. My main man demonstrated this refinement by pouring his into a ceramic teacup and "raising the roof" at the same time he rose his pinky finger. There was a definite aftertaste, similar to when you get a bit o’ grass in yo Milwaukee’s Best 40-ounce. The most gnarly feature of this particular brew is the massive champagne bottle that she’s packaged in. This is definitely taking "center-stage" on my beer wall, next to the half-empty bottle of generic tequila and alcoholic energy drinks. The 8.5% is starting to kick in now, so I better finish this up before I have to drive ho.........

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
mattd017 (51) - Jacksonville, Florida, USA - FEB 20, 2007
Poured golden, slightly hazy, with a thick pretty permanent head that left thick sticky rings of lacing. Smelled sweet. Tasted even sweeter. No hops. Left a sticky, musty taste in my mouth. Worth trying, not worth trying again.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
Gillard (42) - Florida, USA - APR 10, 2008
Courtesy-Degarth A-Not much, very muted smell AP-Ruby with very little head F- Very clean and smooth but no prominent flavors P- Ugh

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 7/20
danimal34 (41) - Sault Sainte Marie, Michigan, USA - DEC 26, 2006
Smells like mettalic corn. Good look for an american lager, honey brown color with a small but lasting head. Decent corn beer although because of its strength (8.5%) reminds me a bit of malt liquor (which is typically better than other macro brews in my book). Nice feel on the palate, not overly carbonated. Still over all just a good macro.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
derst27 (35) - Hackettstown, New Jersey, USA - AUG 12, 2008
Tastes like soy sauce!! I don’t know what else to tell ya...

0.9
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
ghunte02 (29) - Havertown, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 7, 2006
nasty stuff, sampled at a superbowl party. cloying sweet garbagy flavor. would much rather drink regular bud. whats w/ the fancy bottle? its like putting a bow on a turd