Budweiser Brew Masters Private Reserve

(RETIRED)
overall

RATINGS: 207   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.55   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 255   ABV: 8.5%
Brew Masters’ Private Reserve is an exceptionally rich beer that is a symphony of character, featuring a balanced hop aroma with 8.5 percent alcohol by volume (ABV). Based on the time-honored Budweiser brewmaster holiday tradition of collecting the richest first part of the brew as it is tapped to the brew kettles to celebrate the season, this is the first time it is being made available to the public.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
schquigly (18) - louisville, Kentucky, USA - MAR 28, 2006
great beer if you like the busch family. refreshing and amazingly sweet for its high aclohol content

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
NJBeerman013 (1045) - Hamilton Twp., New Jersey, USA - DEC 8, 2007
1 Qt 14.5 oz Bottle. This is an AB product? Wow. This beer pours a rich amber in color with a slightly off-white, lacey head. The aroma is a slightly spicy, malty mix of cane sugar and caramel. The flavor is heavy on the malts with a good bit of sweetness, floral, and caramel notes. The malts do a good bit to hide the extra shot of alcohol although it does make a bit more of an appearance as the beer warms up a bit. The mouthfeel is full and creamy, as any good Dopplebock should be. It finishes strong, sweet, and smooth.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
ross (2080) - weddington, North Carolina, USA - MAR 2, 2008
Bottle from Daniel. Thanks. I dont really know what is going on with that picture of this beer - this stuff is no where near yellow like that. Dark brown color with a light brown head on it. Some sweet and rich flavors in the smell, caramel and not really alot of hop presence. Tastes good, sweet and easy to drink. There is alot of beer in this bottle, so either be thirsty, or split it with several people. Really underrated; I think people rate it based on the fact that it is an AB product. Proof that AB can release a good beer, too bad they do not do it often.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
BarZigKin (511) - San Antonio, Texas, USA - JUL 8, 2010
46.5oz swingtop botte from ’07, courtesy of my parents, who had been given the bottle by myself for Christmas back in ’07. What goes around, comes around. Sampled on Father’s Day 2010. Poured a deep, dark clear (later cloudy) amber body with tan head that lasted a bit, but didn’t leave much lacing. Aromas of ripe stone fruits, caramel and bready malt sweetness. Flavor was bready malt, medium sweetness, figgy, slightly vegetal and some alcohol. Active carbonation and a fizzy, full mouthfeel. After 2 1/2 years, this is still a solid beer. I liked it when it was fresh and I like it now.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
vmilaxer29 (404) - North Dakota, USA - DEC 17, 2007
Yo, my buddy and I snagged a handle of this from our local brewery. I threw mine in a pint glass, from which I could clearly distinguish the faint aroma of toffee, caramel, and Land-O-Lakes butta. The taste was smooth, yet somewhat refined. My main man demonstrated this refinement by pouring his into a ceramic teacup and "raising the roof" at the same time he rose his pinky finger. There was a definite aftertaste, similar to when you get a bit o’ grass in yo Milwaukee’s Best 40-ounce. The most gnarly feature of this particular brew is the massive champagne bottle that she’s packaged in. This is definitely taking "center-stage" on my beer wall, next to the half-empty bottle of generic tequila and alcoholic energy drinks. The 8.5% is starting to kick in now, so I better finish this up before I have to drive ho.........and if you think I just copied this from dlunsford then you are a tard, because obviously i just wrote something extra; and we did drink it together.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
SphinxTX (2876) - Mata Gorda, Texas, USA - MAR 7, 2008
UPDATED: MAR 8, 2008 I had read reviews of this beer and it prevented me from buying it....I gave in..I honestly think some of these people are lying...First off, I taste NO CORN, I do not think any was used.....It is not "Golden" either.....Im not a huge fan of this brewery, just to note......I think some on here are trying to compare it to the original lager or just snobes against Budweiser, we need to be open minded on here.....Now, for rating it as a doppelbock, this is actually pretty good....Pours a nice dark amber color with very nice off-white head that has decient retention....Im drinking it now.....has laced the glass....Aroma of sweet malt with a light dark roast aroma as well....Flavor is sweet and malty, and ofcoarse, some dark roast....this beer is nicely carbonated as well, has some body to it.......This is a good beer, and the best I have tried from Budweiser......this should be the beer we buy off the shelves on a regular basis....but they would lose money due to the majority of the world prefering beer with no flavor.....so sad......also, as a note, why is the color of the beer in the picture golden when this is a dark amber?????

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
lancenelson (25) - Nebraska, USA - JUL 6, 2008
Nice malty flavor. Light on aroma and hoppiness. Good, smooth flavor with no aftertaste. The high alcohol content doesn’t affect the taste. Mine poured darker than what is pictured. More like a dark lager, which is what it tasted like. It was from 2007. I recommend.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
MrRomero (1975) - Nolanville, USA - OCT 13, 2008
46.5 Oz bottle. 2005 vintage kept in my refrigerator all these years. I was afraid to drink it. I went into this with an open mind. This beer poured a slightly cloudy yellow with a full yellowish,white head. Big malt aroma with some vanilla notes. Typically bock-like. Flavor was more malt, moderate sweetness and slight alcohol. I like it and I think it fits in with other German made bocks and doppelbocks pretty well. Good.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
jeffwilliams11 (310) - hooterville, Michigan, USA - NOV 29, 2008
i really liked this beer. pours med amber color with nice head that sticks around fairly well. flavor is slightly hoppy, spicy, lots of caramel malts. alcohol is noticable, but not overpowering.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Ungstrup (29224) - Citizen of the universe, DENMARK - MAY 8, 2009
Bottled. An amber-orange beer with a tan head. The aroma is sweet with nots of caramel, nuts, and alcohol. The flavor is very sweet with strong notes of caramel, leading to a dry alcoholic finish. Thanks Papsoe for sharing.