overall
n/a

RATINGS: 299   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.25   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Budweiser & Clamato con sal y limon. Enjoy the best of both worlds: a refreshing Budweiser and the unique flavor of Clamato. Drink a Red One,</> ready to go, or use your favorite ingredients to make it yours, wherever, whenever.

gmcolunga (5) - El Paso, Texas, USA - AUG 19, 2007 does not count
Iím hooked. Iím a Chicano whoís been making this delicious concoction, hangover remedy and aphrodisiac (but arenít all beers?) since I can remember. In all my years of making and tasting micheladas or "Red Beers", I honestly feel that Budweiser has made a damn delicious blend. The taste, well, it tastes like Budweiser mixed with Clamato with a hint of spiciness. You can drink a few of these and not feel full because of carbonation. Itís still carbonated, but the Clamato reduces the carbonation. The color is USDA Red 40 and anyways who cares, it comes in a can and tastes better straight out of the can. You donít have to go down to Mexico City to have an authentic michelada, theyíre being made right here in the barrio. Budweiser Cheladas are just as good if not better. I donít know if itís because Iíve never been a good bartender (maybe thatís why I drink beer) or because Iím just not that consistent, but Budweiser Cheladas are always consistent which is a plus for me. In conclusion, Budweiser Cheladas taste great and are an excellent source of protein. So yes, this is a beer and itís healthy! !Viva La Chelada!

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
BuckNaked (1230) - Tempe, Arizona, USA - AUG 15, 2007
24oz can: Pours to a deep pinkish red colored body with bits of clamato clearly visable floating around. It has a small, quickly fading pinkish head. The aroma gives off tomato, salty clam, and some hints of hot sauce and maybe celery puree. Taste is mostly a salty clam & tomato juice, though the budweiser surprisingly comes through giving just a bit of sweet light malt flavor. The barest hint of alcohol comes through in the carbonation, which actually serves as a bit of a counterbalance against the clamato. Medium, forced carbonation, finishes with a bit of spicy tomato in the mouth, and a drying saltyness towards the back of the throat. So how do I rate this one? It would be easy, and almost tempting, to toss out a "this isnít beer" and assign a 0.5. However that doesnít make any sense - this beer isnít trying to be a traditional German hefe or some new-fad American strong ale. So what Iím left with is a beer that really needs to be judged according to the basics of ratebeer, attempting to free myself of any preconceived notions about AB or the shock of my pasty white palate to tomato juice & beer. Itís drinkable and actually not that bad - this would make a great alternative to the bloody marry. Itís very strange to my palate, never having tried a red beer before but I do like the strange interplay of flavors at work here. Ultimately I think that due to the odd combination of clamato juice (already not liked by everyone) and beer, this is going to be liked by some and hated by others.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
MadMan (495) - Tempe, Arizona, USA - AUG 14, 2007
24 oz. can. What can I say? I had to try it. Red beers are common among the hispanic population here in my state. Iíve never been a fan because I just donít like adding things to beer on general principle. This is actually pretty tasty though and would be a good breakfast beer. I like V8 and bloody maryís and this is kind of a beer version of those if I had to make the comparison. Tastes a lot like clamato and lime and very little like beer. Iím sure if I wanted to make the effort I could make one better, but Iíd never go to the effort. If I wanted a beer Iíd drink a good beer, if I wanted a bloody mary Iíd make a good bloody mary...........but for something coming in a tall can I was surprised at the tastiness of this. I may drink another one, maybe some morning during football season when itís too early to drink a real beer and Iím too lazy to make a drink. Then again, maybe I wonít drink at all instead. All Iím saying on this is.......Iíll try the bud light one probably.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
maloshaggy (1) - Arizona, USA - AUG 8, 2007 does not count
I love it. Red beers are all i drink. maybe now i can order them at the bar for less than five bucks a beer. still needs some tapatio or tabasco

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
Pickupmanx2 (1) - California, USA - AUG 7, 2007 does not count
I bought a can of this out at Avila Beach, Port San Luis Harbor, enjoyed it a lot, so much I went back and bought 2 more. However, I will say for those of you that arenít Red Beer fans, you may not like, I however grew up drinking all sorts of Red beers (tomato juice of some sort or another mixed and added to beer) sometimes with tobasco, so I found this to be a nice change from just adding a v-8, I will buy this again.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
tourette (211) - Seattle, Washington, USA - AUG 7, 2007
When I saw this beer in the window of a convenience store, I thought it was a joke. I thought what the hell, tried one, and realized that I was correct. But the joke was on me. Disgusting.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
padrefan98 (854) - (San Diego) Santee, California, USA - AUG 6, 2007
I actually didnt hate this beer. But to be honest it would be better served in a small glass next to OJ and coffee while dining on some eggs. Not much beer flavor and a whole lot of clamatoe juice.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
fordest (1994) - Santee/San Diego, California, USA - AUG 5, 2007
Big can. Very red with lots of pulp. Not much head. Aromas were actually not bad if you like tomatos. Tomato aromas with just touches of beer. Flavor took on a whole new persona. Beer flavors with lots of bloody mary flavors. Pretty spicy too. Interesting, but not good.

ozambrano (1) - Santa Clarita, California, USA - AUG 3, 2007 does not count
I had this at a Dodger game last night. It was VERY good. I paid $12 for it because it was at the game. I make these at home all the time and it tasted better than mine. I want to know where I can buy them. PERFECT 10!

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
papajohn (1249) - San Diego (Mira Mesa), California, USA - AUG 2, 2007
Can-sampled at MCAS Miramar Marine Mart: Pale redish pink color with barely any foam. Smells like watered down tomato juice. Taste like bud watered down with tomato juice and a hint of lime. Light bodied and watery with moderate carbonation. Nothing really offensive, but this isnít beer.