overall
Serve in Lager glass

RATINGS: 125   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.64   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%
The beer is brewed by Daniel Westmoreland from the Williamsburg, Va. brewery and was developed in collaboration with brewmasters Mike Anderson in Jacksonville, Fla. and Dan Kahn in Cartersville, Ga. “We took staves from fresh bourbon barrels and we aged the beer on those staves and spiced it with a hint of vanilla,” said Westmoreland, who has been a Budweiser brewmaster for more than 30 years. “It’s an all-malt brew, and it has a perfect color that is similar to the color of bourbon itself. Batch No. 23185 has a nice vanilla aroma with a little oakiness on the end – it’s a great beer.”

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
SphinxTX (2876) - Mata Gorda, Texas, USA - OCT 31, 2012
Bottle. Pours deep gold/amber, clear, with white head. Not much aroma happening here, hints of vanilla. Flavor isn’t much different, very light malt, getting a slight corny note, just a hint of vanilla with the lightest trace of wood and bourbon, off-dry. Light, watery mouthfeel with high carbonation. Overall, not sure why I was expecting a solid brew, at least it’s tastier then a Bud. Not nasty by any means but not much flavor. Just taste like a slightly amped up Bud....whats the deal?

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
drowland (6124) - Valdosta, Georgia, USA - OCT 30, 2012
BOURBON BARREL VANILLA BEER FROM A-B! THIS IS GOING TO BE A 4.9 FOR SURE!!! 10/30/12. 12oz bottle from Five points, from the mix 12-pack. I actually poured this into a glass for my wife and her first quote was, "This doesn’t even have much of a smell... it smells like corn." Upon investigation, she’s right. Compared to the plain dark lager, it looks basically the same - very clear light amber with a small khaki head that fades and barely laces. It’s just a touch darker than the other one. The aroma is much like the other two - slightly sweet, grainy, with hints of corn and apples, with a hint of unidentifiable spiciness. The flavor again matches the other two... lightly sweet, caramel, some corn chip aspects, and touches of apple peel. There’s maybe, MAYBE a lingering sense of a certain bourbon aspect, but I’m starting to think it’s the power of suggestion. If this beer was given to me side by side with the plain dark lager, I don’t know I’d be able to tell you what the difference is - especially not bourbon and vanilla. Eh.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
Sledutah (5019) - Utah, USA - OCT 29, 2012
GABF 2012
Appearance: Clear golden with a medium sized white head
Aroma and flavors of sweet malts, vanilla and honey
Tastes like a slightly bigger Budweiser, no thanks

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
douglas88 (6246) - Portland, Oregon, USA - OCT 29, 2012
Drank at GABF 2012. Pours a clear amber color with a medium white head. A sweet nose of grains and some yeast. Very light flavor: certainly little bourbon beyond some oak and vanilla, crisp, earthy. Decent.

1.4
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
steelers (35) - Minnesota, USA - OCT 25, 2012
Ok we are talking about Budweiser which unless your at a sporting event, or at the race track why would you even drink Bud! But I have to try everything and give it it’s fair share of critizium. Bottle poured into a glass, color is golden, very little head to the beer. Taste is lightly sweet and you can pick up hints of vanilla. Not much more to say about this beer. Big improvement from regular Budweiser, I would drink this beer if offered to me but I personally woudn’t buy it unless my beer choices were very limited. And that rarely happens were I travel and hang out.