overall

RATINGS: 862   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.4   EST. CALORIES: 129   ABV: 4.3%
American-style lager that is long brewed for a crisp taste that finishes clean. It contains only 99 calories, 3.1 grams of carbohydrates and 4.3 percent alcohol by volume per 12 oz. serving.

1.3
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
Shag (2622) - Chattanooga, Tennessee, USA - FEB 26, 2005
I guess Michelob Ultraís appeal is dying. But then again I thought the Atkins low carb fad was losing steam as well. Well it the midst of it all here comes this. I thought Bud Light was THIS. Well on to the beer. Trasparent yellow color with a cooked corn smell. It has no flavor whatsoever. It tastes like water. Maybe a little better than bud light, maybe?

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
TravelByBob (15) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 26, 2005
Average is about the best word I can use to describe this beer. I am such a sucker for new beers and when I saw it on sale I had to buy it. The flavor is crisp & leaves little or no after-taste. If Budweiser is going to market this as a Low-Carb Beer they may have nailed it as it is better than any other. I would order this beer at a bar as it is easy to drink & does have a smooth flavor.

0.7
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
BrockLanders (773) - Panama City, Florida, USA - FEB 26, 2005
Whatís a day without a little AB bashing. I walked into the Class VI store on base Friday and the manager said, "Iíve got a new one...itís great...better than Miller or Coors lite..". Ok, I think Iíd be impressed. My buddy was so he bought a sixer. So how does the new AB lager fair.......surprise!!---it stinks. Good Lord folks, some people just donít get it. How could anyone who taste tested this for AB prior to its release say it was anything other than bland, listless, and otherwise poor? I know by definition you donít have to have hops to make beer, but gee whiz they couldíve thrown in a little. What a sad state the King of Beers has sunk to....and I donít mean Mizzou.

0.8
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
Drew (2411) - Kent, Ohio, USA - FEB 26, 2005
I just couldnít bear to drink a whole bottle of this, so I ordered one and split it with my friend Jeff (okay, maybe I should now start referring to him as my EX-friend!). Look at the bottle and marketing they use - all of the dark brown colors, it came as quite a surprise (well maybe not) that this poured into our glasses a pale pale pale yellow, no head, no lacing. Aroma is cereal and very light. Body - very fizzy - full of tiny little prickly bubbles. Despite the lack of taste and body, iit managed to leave a sticky chemical film on my tongue. Oh, and now I see that this is their lo-carb beer - what a waste of a pretty brown bottle.

1.2
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
KarmanGhia (276) - Tallahassee, Florida, USA - FEB 26, 2005
UPDATED: MAR 16, 2005 The add campaign for Bud Light being "Low Carb" must have been failing, but doesnít AB get the profits from Mich Ultra anyways? I guess they wanted a little bit more.

1.4
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
heemer77 (5104) - Urbandale, Iowa, USA - FEB 25, 2005
UPDATED: SEP 6, 2005 From a bottle. The aroma is corn some light white bread. The taste is metallic with light and watered down cornflakes. Finishes sweet. I had this again on tap. Same taste, but I got really tired of it after a few glasses. Not really any better than the standard corn and rice affair.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
burgerlicious (308) - Indianapolis, Indiana, USA - FEB 25, 2005
Well. Itís not spectacular, but it suits the criteria that they set up for it. Very little aftertaste, very smooth, but almost to the point of being tasteless. As far as cheap generic beers go, itís alright, but no oneís going to opt for it over an actual good beer.

0.6
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
brewshthereen (316) - Oregon, USA - FEB 25, 2005
Urine color pour, with a large artifical looking, foamy white head. Faint aroma of corn, rice and cardboard. Wet and bland flavor. This beer is so lifeless I have to wonder if budweiser hasnít jumped to the bottled water business! Nope, it says BEER on the bottle. I however, am not convinced.

0.8
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
OD40oz (773) - Box Elder, South Dakota, USA - FEB 24, 2005
Our local grocery store thought that this stuff was budweiserís new look. I was excited to try it because I drink the hell out of Budweiser. Then I found out it was low carb, then I opened one and realized it tastes like watered down Bud Lite. As if Bud Lite couldnít get any more watered down. Do I have to say it again "YOU NEED CARBS TO MAKE GOOD BEER"

0.6
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
DocLock (7915) - Lower Pottsgrove, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 24, 2005
Thanks to my neighbor for this. Tastes like Bud to me, with the same lack of aftertaste, taste, aroma, palate, or anything else. I gave my neighbor an Insanity for this and a few others.....I think I got screwed on that deal.