overall

RATINGS: 3855   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.45   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Brewed and sold since 1876, "The King of Beers" is the largest-selling beer in the world. Budweiser has been the world’s best-selling beer since 1957, and is distributed in more than 70 countries. Budweiser leads the U.S. Premium beer category, outselling all other domestic premium beers combined. In fact, one in almost every five beers sold in the United States today is a Budweiser.
"We know of no brand produced by any other brewer which costs so much to brew and age. Our exclusive Beechwood Aging produces a taste, a smoothness and a drinkability you will find in no other beer at any price."
"Brewed with 100% natural ingredients. We use only the finest hops, barley malt, rice, yeast and water. We craft and age Budweiser using time-honoured brewing methods."

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
JohnDo2000 (99) - Metairie, Louisiana, USA - MAY 30, 2002
Look, I like it, ok! Don’t knock me for it. There is that common notion that American beers that are mass produced aren’t worth a damn, and although this is kind of true, I think that Budweiser still makes a decent product. A little hopsy with a kind of rice flavor, this beer is always a good thirst quencher that never dissapoints me at a ball game. Nothing too distinctive about it, but it is NOT a bad beer.

1.2
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
bubslang (438) - Kentwood, Michigan, USA - MAY 28, 2002
Standard american bland lager, not as horrible as bud light, but not that much better either

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 5/20
CASuave99 (3) - USA - MAY 27, 2002 does not count
Very run of the mill.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
BruceLeroy (111) - North Dakota, USA - MAY 27, 2002
UPDATED: MAY 1, 2004 Probably the best super-cheap American macrobrew in my opinion. On a hot day in July it's actually enjoyable, especially in ponies. I'm enjoying a tall right now. Bud-Light however is not as good. And why the hell are we supposed to think that beachwood tastes good? What the hell is beachwood anyways?

0.8
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
cathcacr (643) - Oregon, USA - MAY 26, 2002
UPDATED: JAN 26, 2005 Heh...I was hoping this Undisputed King of Beers would give me something to work with. I’d mention the ’ricey nose’ or the ’corn notes’ or ’hints of beechwood in the finish’ if I could actually detect any of it. Sorry, you just can’t do a serious review & comment when it doesn’t give you anything; it would be like trying to deconstruct a Beavis & Butthead episode. And I thought Heinie was intercourse in a boat. Not entirely without any beer character whatsoever, but still...

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 11/20
Bolt (117) - Boulder Creek, California, USA - MAY 25, 2002
Not all that bad... and not all that good. I do like the color, and it does at times have a good beachwood taste.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
bbooth (115) - Gilbert, Arizona, USA - MAY 24, 2002
Everyone knows Bud, everyone knows Bud is crap, but everyone still buys it because it is cheap and they have great commercials. American Style Lager that is tasteless (except the corn), colorless, thin, and not worth the $5.99 case at your local Circle K.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 5/20
samustdog (73) - USA - MAY 24, 2002
Well, it’s better than the ’Light’ version of it....

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
theFinatUofI (45) - Colorado, USA - MAY 24, 2002
It’s not as nearly as bad as some of the other stuff in the market. Nevertheless, it is still watery and the taste is nothing but smooth. Be sure to have something around to kill the aftetaste.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
Velveeta99 (13) - Madison, Wisconsin, USA - MAY 23, 2002
Good, but not fantastic. I guess I just like a light lager, that’s all. I try to drink it chilled and fast.