RATINGS: 885   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.89/5   IBU: 12   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
An amber style ale, originally brewed by George Washington, brewed with fresh roasted pumpkins, malted barley. Cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg are added. Bottled form is brewed under contract by Portland Brewing Co.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Enniskillen (2044) - Salinas, California, USA - SEP 12, 2004
UPDATED: SEP 13, 2004 Smells like pumpkin pie, and I like pumpkin pie. Cinnamon, nutmeg, foamy white head. My 1st pumpkin beer. It was very nice, pretty fun. But I’m sure I wouldn’t want to drink this all the time, or more then one in a sitting.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
5000 (6599) - Hardened Liver, Washington, USA - SEP 10, 2004
Bottle pours translucent orange, small white fizzly head that quickly fades, good carbonation, with slick lacing.   Pumpkin, nutmeg, cinnamon, and allspice on the nose... quite strong too.   Nutmeg & cinnamon galore, with minor pumpkin like flavor on the tongue.   Good body, decent mouthfeel.   Finishes rather quickly, which I prefer.   I look forward to this one each year, and this year is just about perfect.   Not overly spiced like it was a few years ago.   Defintely comparable to last years batch.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
sethdude (705) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - SEP 5, 2004
I really like pumpkin ales, so this one gets extra credit just for being the style. POurs a rich orange color, making my snifter resmble, well, a pumpkin. Thin head rests on top, like cool-whip on a pumpkin pie. Aroma is wonderful, pumpkin pie with extra spices. Cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and pumpkin all distinguishable. Flavor is initially spices, then pumpkin, then sweet malts. The base for this is nothing spectacular, but lends quality to the end of this tasty treat. Man, do I love this style!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
PorterPounder (6535) - Tallahassee, Florida, USA - SEP 4, 2004
Dark orange pour with a quickly fading white head, not much lacing. Delicious spicy aroma - pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, nutmeg perhaps. Same spiciness carries over to the flavor with a little bit of cloves in there as well. Mouthfeel is a tad thin and the spicy flavor fades near the end. Still not a bad novelty beer though.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
heemer77 (5210) - Urbandale, Iowa, USA - SEP 2, 2004
UPDATED: FEB 17, 2005 Rerated a couple months later. This is unbalanced with a dirt tasting finish that covers up any pumpkin or nutmeg. Not a pleasure to partake. Nice dark golden coloring with a very small head. Aroma of nutmeg, pumpkin and maybe leaves of fall or am I imagining that? The taste has some pupmkin with a nutmeg finish. Fairly light and refreshing. Interesting, but nothing special.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
EnderKiller (26) - Athens, Ohio, USA - SEP 1, 2004
Smells of pumpkin, spices, rubber and vomit...seriously. Tiny, fizzy head with bubbles filling the glass. Rich, amber color and, at first taste, not so bad. Full, spicy flavor...can definitely taste the pumpkin and pices but the aftertaste is RANK! Like "chewing on a pen" said one friend. Glad I tried it, but ewwwww. Not again.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
jtw (1148) - farmington, Michigan, USA - AUG 23, 2004
a cool gimmick beer. aroma is pumpkin pie spices, mostly cinnamon. very little bitterness, some malt. very non-bitter but not quite sweet like pumpkin pie. plenty of nutmeg is there too. good experiment....excellent fall beer i think.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
brewshthereen (316) - Oregon, USA - AUG 5, 2004
Since this is the only pumpkin beer I have experienced, my rating might be a little inflated. From a novelty perspective I was really interested in the notion of a pumpkin ale. Who doesn’t like a good slice of pumpkin pie? I know I do. And this beer delivers. Nutmeg and pumpkin aroma greet you when opened. However, it didn’t pour as nicely as I would have liked. Appeared kind of watery orange and the foamy white head didn’t last long at all. Flavor is the real star here, and pumpkin and spices ruled my mouth. I really enjoyed this brew and would like to try other pumpkin infused beers.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
KAggie97 (3529) - Ugly, Hot, and Humid Spring, Texas, USA - JUL 23, 2004
A spicy little number, I bought this one because, well, ’pumpkin’ in the title intrigued me. It’s not bad. Worth another try.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
TJackHole (83) - Alabama, USA - JUN 18, 2004
very orange befitting of a pumpkin ale, entirely to spicy with overpowering nutmeg taste.