overall

RATINGS: 854   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.88   IBU: 12   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
An amber style ale, originally brewed by George Washington, brewed with fresh roasted pumpkins, malted barley. Cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg are added. Bottled form is brewed under contract by Portland Brewing Co.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Wakie (612) - Centreville, Virginia, USA - JUL 19, 2003
Alcoholic liquid pumpkin pie. Very interesting and very pleasant. Smelled exactly like pumpkin pie and had a lovely taste that was similar.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
JazzNorm (3) - USA - JUN 17, 2003 does not count
My overall impression is higher than the individual components because I've learned to mix is about 50-50 with Rogue Chocolate Stout and to enjoy the mixture with some high-fat grilled sausages. Hard to drink all six on its own merits, but mix in the chocolate (Rogue or Youngs Double) and you can finish them all.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
DougShoemaker (3147) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - JUN 7, 2003
Allspice, cloves, nutmeg aromas, (taste will tell the tale.) Orangey, dare I say it? pumpkin coloured, custard head. Mild pumpkin pie taste,has a somewhat bitter aftertaste. Creamy, chewy, full bodied. Pumpkin pie in a bottle!

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
Sully (1377) - Potts Point, New South Wales, AUSTRALIA - JUN 4, 2003
Sorry guys, but I have to say "Only in America". Geez, what's our equivalent? Macadamia Nut or Prickly Pear beer (please note the absence of the ridiculous reference to Koala Bear or Kangaroo beer as there is no such thing as Turkey or Buffalo beer either). Anyway, beer should be beer right? No pumpkin, no mashed potato in gravy, no corn chowder or no grits and beans. Add this to some soup stock and you have dinner.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
MilkmanDan (1943) - Eagan, Minnesota, USA - APR 10, 2003
Bought around Halloween during a "buy anything that's new" phase. To be honest, I don't particularly care for pumpkin. I mean, it has its applications, as my wife's fresh-baked tasty pumpkin bread sitting on the counter attests. That being said, I prefer not to have my wife's pumpking bread in liquid form. Orange-gold, thin sticky head. Nose is expectedly amazingly pumpking with loads of nutmeg. I swear every brewery on Halloween just shoves pumpkin pie in a mash tin to get this effect. Anyways, sweet malts in the flavor are significantly enhanced by the pumpkin flavor, making this just far too pumpkin-esque. Can't really even notice the palate, just too much pumpkin. Hopefully this will be a lesson that I need to stop buying pumpkin beers.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
BeerPrince (1701) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - MAR 13, 2003
Great idea. A very spicy beer but quite nice and tasty. Flavour is great but kind of wears on the taste buds after half a bottle. I will drink this again in October.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
WabashMan (1007) - Noblesville, Indiana, USA - FEB 11, 2003
UPDATED: OCT 14, 2003 A nice, cloudy copper color and white head start this brew. Aroma seems to have more spice than in previous years, and is nice. Flavor is very crisp and has a very nice punkin' pie finish. Cinnamon is also very apparent in the finish. Overall, part of me really likes this beer, while part of me does not. The nose and finish are great, but the flavor is rather thin in between. As this is a spiced amber ale, I wonder if a better approach would be to utilize a more bold style, such as a pale of some sort which would give, ideally, a stronger body to the beer and still allow that great pumpkin/cinnamon finish!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
Blake (396) - Orange, California, USA - FEB 10, 2003
An interesting pumpkin flavored ale, this beer pours with an orangish color and a tan head. The aroma is very strong pumpkin - probably the best part about the beer. The taste has an obvious pumpkin flavor with hints of spices and hops. If you want pumpkin pie in a beer bottle, you may like this one, but while unique, it just didn't do it for me.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
GreatSatanUSA (107) - Austin, Texas, USA - JAN 28, 2003
Palatable ale with strong pumpkin and spice flavors to it. I liked it, may not be for everybody.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
rodolito (163) - San Diego, California, USA - JAN 18, 2003
Imbibed in October 2002. An aroma of pumpkin pie spices. A clear light amber color with a whitish tan head. Flavor consists of pumpkin, spices, and some hoppiness. I enjoyed it but I think the pumpkin style could be improved. Less spice flavor and some maltiness would improve it in my opinion.