RATINGS: 878   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.89   IBU: 12   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
An amber style ale, originally brewed by George Washington, brewed with fresh roasted pumpkins, malted barley. Cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg are added. Bottled form is brewed under contract by Portland Brewing Co.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 8/20
ziel (76) - Massachusetts, USA - NOV 23, 2013
Hands down my favorite pumpkin ale. There was a several year stretcth were I couldnít get this. Glad its back.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
fatguys (75) - Wisconsin, USA - SEP 9, 2005
Nutmeg, nutmeg, nutmeg. Pours a light amber color with a miniscule head. Lots of nutmeg aroma with a hint of pumpkin and hops. Essentially, this reminds me of BMC swill with a darker color and a few tablespoons of nutmeg. This one could stand some malt complexity to counterbalance the nutmeg bite. Unbalanced, thin and hard to drink.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
sfhc21 (74) - Midlothian, Texas, USA - MAR 13, 2007
For some reason, this is one of my favorites. Itís one of those beers that goes perfect on a Sunday afternoon on a crisp, sunny fall day. Full of cinnamon, clove and pumpkin spices. Delicious.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
runaway (72) - Seattle, Washington, USA - NOV 11, 2007
Pours orange with a short gravelly white head. Aroma is sweet and a bit citrusy. Flavor is of pumpkins and not much else, a little hops come through though. Body is a bit thin and the finish is mild.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
missing (72) - Wichita, Kansas, USA - OCT 16, 2006
Aroma of pumpkin spices with a slight yeastiness. Body is a bit watery with a strong spice finish. Flavor is thin with a slight cinnamon bite and a lack of any discernable pumpkin.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
JW32Hoops (70) - San Francisco, California, USA - SEP 27, 2011
First rating in like a year, its good to be back. Anyhoo I know I should go all Beer Snob and hate on this cuz its Pyramid, but no dice...I dig it. Aroma reminded me of Ben n Jerrys Oatmeal ice cream mixed with pumpkin, which needless to say is pretty bomb. It grabs your palate firmly but not like its trying to prove anything...much in the way I imagine Alec Baldwin shakes hands. This beer is like college one-night stands: not pretty but still makes me happy and I want like 20 of em...which I can do since this bitch is only 5.2%. Maybe Iím a sucker for diggin Pyramid (I like Purple Haze too) but tis the season for some friggin pumpkin ale and I can knock these back all night and have a good time doin it. Sure its no PumpKing, but what is?

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
ELPADRINO (70) - The Woodlands, Texas, USA - NOV 1, 2005
Pours a light amber with 1/4 inch head. Head quickly disperses. Aroma is pumpkin, nutmeg, allspice, and toothpaste... yes, toothpaste. Taste is heavy on the pumpkin and nutmeg. Aftertaste mixes pumpkin and hops. Body is watery, but with the heavy pumpkin taste, I donít think I could handle a full bodied version. Overall, this beer isnít for me. I wanted to try this seasonal brew for a different taste experience, and thatís exactly what I got. Unfortunately, this is the first beer Iíve tasted in a long time that I really havenít liked at all. The beer itself isnít brewed poorly; my personal preference is just in a different direction. Itís always fun to try something new, though!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
IneedAbuheer (69) - Ingleside, Illinois, USA - OCT 31, 2002
Quite spicy with a good malty consistency. Unfortunately, itís overly spicy with a lack of good pumpkin flavor. A decent, drinkable pumpkin beer, but would have like much more of a pumpkin flavor.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
MarkR (68) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - OCT 30, 2003
Bottle Clear, pale copper with a hint of orange. Fluffy light tan head with good retention. Aroma is dominated by the heavy-handed use of spices, as well a hint of pumpkin meat. Ginger, nutmeg, and lots of cinnamon. The malt base underneath it all is hardly noticeable. Flavor starts out with a twinge of sweet malt, then quickly shifts towards the spices. Thereís a harsh hotness that is brought on by the overuse of cinnamon. I believe taking the spice and pumpkin out would leave a very bland and dull beer. Thin in body, with a rough astringency on the finish from the spices. The novelty has worn off quickly, and Iím tired of thisÖ

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
JustinBennett (67) - junction city, Kansas, USA - MAR 24, 2008
bottle. poured a copper orange, strong smell of pumpkin ad cloves. strog pumokinn taste. great finish.