overall

RATINGS: 858   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.88   IBU: 12   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
An amber style ale, originally brewed by George Washington, brewed with fresh roasted pumpkins, malted barley. Cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg are added. Bottled form is brewed under contract by Portland Brewing Co.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
thedindaniel (6) - Chula Vista, California, USA - OCT 12, 2006 does not count
so it might not be very hoppy or even carbonated but the spicy aroma and the overall flavor work for what its trying to do. i just needed some whipped cream to top it off, would buy again.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
mwhit20 (5) - philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 2, 2007 does not count
as soon as i poured it, this reminded me of the ginger cookies in the black and orange box that come out in the fall. the smell is identical. definately an interesting brew. lots of spice and cinnamon to go along with the pumpkin. i enjoyed it.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
jbelkin (5) - USA - MAR 27, 2007 does not count
It’s funny how when I see it in the stores, it just starts to feel like autumn and when I crack it open, it immediately makes it autumn and takes me back to my college days. I hope my wife doesn’t read this review but you know how something just evokes a thousand memories - of crossing the San Mateo bridge in my old top down Jeep to see my girlfriend at CSU Hayward (oh, sorry - CSU East Bay now). I can taste the salt air from the marshes and then picking up at her place behind the school, nestled in woods like it’s Truckee or something. While Hayward was all 1960’s strip mall falling apart, there was that one cozy place - Buffalo Bill’s - great fresh beer of every kind - stout, pale ale but pumpkin was always worth waiting for. It was like if we could down a few more, we could hold off winter - and then of course, we moved on - she got a great job offer back East and then Germany - she still emails me asking if I still go to Buffalo Bill’s - I do but don’t hate me, I never take the wife, I just go with my buddies and pumpkin ale takes me back - they got a great clean tasting and unique flavor down - I’ve tried others but it’s no pumpkin ale from Buffalo Bill’s.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
BendBeerRater (5) - USA - FEB 7, 2004 does not count
Good pumpkin taste, but the beer is too thin for a fall/winter seasonal. I would prefer the pumpkin taste in a heaver beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Deryk (5) - Elgin, Alabama, USA - DEC 15, 2012 does not count
This is one that I would have poured out if not for the fact that pouring out beer is alcohol abuse. Amatuer flavor in a bottle.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
Woolburr (4) - Leicester, North Carolina, USA - OCT 18, 2012 does not count
Too sweet and far too much nutmeg for my taste. Might pass as a dessert beer, perhaps served with vanilla ice cream. .5 is a generous score.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
CZzyzx41 (3) - USA - OCT 28, 2006 does not count
I will admit I’m more of a stout fan but I wanted to try a few pumpkin ales this fall and this was my first try. Weak aroma.There is a hint of cinammon and nutmeg but not strong. If you’re looking for a pumpkin pie flavor, you’ll not find it here. Very slight pumpkin flavor but overall quite disappointing.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
JazzNorm (3) - USA - JUN 17, 2003 does not count
My overall impression is higher than the individual components because I've learned to mix is about 50-50 with Rogue Chocolate Stout and to enjoy the mixture with some high-fat grilled sausages. Hard to drink all six on its own merits, but mix in the chocolate (Rogue or Youngs Double) and you can finish them all.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
bubbahollywood (3) - USA - DEC 29, 2003 does not count
Nice spicy aroma and a lovely golden autumn color. Taste like a pumpkin pie flavored beer. I normally don't like flavored beers, but the pumpkin spice flavors blend well with the beer. Not much head on this beer but it taste great.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 14/20
twid (2) - Texas, USA - SEP 17, 2004 does not count
the aroma makes this beer. smells like homemade pumpkin pie. a nice orange color with a small slightly orange head. tastes like a fairly standard amber ale, with light clove nutmeg and pumpkin flavors. a little thin on the palate. i would almost be content just smelling the beer.