overall

RATINGS: 854   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.88   IBU: 12   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
An amber style ale, originally brewed by George Washington, brewed with fresh roasted pumpkins, malted barley. Cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg are added. Bottled form is brewed under contract by Portland Brewing Co.

eboats (1082) - Omaha, Nebraska, USA - SEP 19, 2004
Oh man this beer is sex. Orange with a white head. Aroma smells like a spicey pumpkin pie. If you like pumpkin pie you will like this beer. If you love pumpkin pie you will love this beer. If you love pumpkin pie and you love beer you will blow your load to this beer. Taste is like a spicey slice of pumpkin pie WITH whip cream. This is my 1st pumpkin beer and definately wonít be my last. I am very excited about this style. It was a little thin, but still very good.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
lamas (1324) - Washington DC, USA - NOV 3, 2004
UPDATED: SEP 29, 2005 Bottle. Orange color with a nice tan head. Smell of cinnamon is VERY strong. Shouldíve been called Cinnamon Ale. Level of carbonation is pretty high but that doesnít take away from the high level of spiciness. Overall, itís not too heavy on the pumpkin taste but itís still like drinking candy for me. I love it, but I love most pumpkin ales. Original rating from 11/03/04: 10,4,8,3,18. Re-Rate: Seeing as how this was the first beer I ever rated, I may have been prone to a little hyperbole. I have to knock the aroma down a point. After a yearís worth of ratings, itís not as perfect as I had thought. Itís still fantastic though, with tons of cinnamon and cloves. I also have to dock the appearance down a point. Everything else stays the same. One of the spiciest bodies Iíve tasted to date. I honestly didnít expect my rating for this beer to hold up too well. I figured a yearís worth of drinking higher-rated beers wouldíve changed my opinion on this one. It turns out that my opinion hasnít changed much. This is still the best pumpkin beer Iíve ever tasted and it remains one of my favorites.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
Fantomas23 (463) - Pewaukee, Wisconsin, USA - OCT 11, 2005
Now this was something of a pumpkin ale. A lot of spice on this one that overcomes the pumpkin without overwhelming the palate. Cinnamon, nutmeg, and in particularly, cloves really stand out in this. The pumpkin plays second fiddle, which isnít all bad. Thereís still enough of the autumnal orange meat to flesh out this flavorful brew.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
rdelljh (155) - Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 20, 2006
One can smell the cinnamon, clove, nutmeg, and subtle pumpkin flavor. There is a slight taste pumpkin pie but with a slight bitter dry finish. I would enjoy a little stronger spice.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
Floback (502) - Naples, Florida, USA - OCT 13, 2008
UPDATED: OCT 17, 2008 12 ounce bottle from Total Wine. Pours a tiny head over an orange body with amber hues. The nose is spicy, bready, and nutty. Flavors include cinnamon, pumpkin loaf, hearth, veggies, grains, pepper, subtle various spices and hops, almonds, and nutmeg. Medium/high carbonation and medium body. I love interesting beers and have tried quite a few pumpkin ales; I believe this to be one of the better ones to choose from. Severly underrated.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
mikedR (928) - Gilbert, Arizona, USA - MAR 26, 2013
Pretty good pumpkin ale. Good pumpkin taste, and nice sweetness. Little thin. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
DragonStout (1408) - Pickerington, Ohio, USA - OCT 11, 2005
Had this 8 years ago and boy i wish i could get some more.I am rating this from last nites tasting and this is still good stuff.This more of a pumpkin beer not a pumpkin pie beer.Had flavors and color of pumpkin and was not overwhelmed by all the spices.They were there but not dominant.Good stuff

Cavie (3671) - Fort Worth, Texas, USA - MAR 4, 2009
Not really a pumpkin ale, but more of a cinnamon and ginger ale. The aromas of the latters are very apparent and actually mix quite well.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
jandd1983 (2085) - Florissant, Missouri, USA - SEP 4, 2011
It poured a cloudy orange color with a white head. The aroma was of spice and cinnamon. The taste was of malt, quite a bit of pumpkin and spice, finishing with a touch of hops bitterness. A very good Pumpkin Ale.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Frecklest00 (7) - Alabama, USA - NOV 6, 2013 does not count
My favorite pumpkin ale. I was surprised to see such a low rating from everyone, since I really enjoyed this beer. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone