overall

RATINGS: 868   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.88   IBU: 12   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
An amber style ale, originally brewed by George Washington, brewed with fresh roasted pumpkins, malted barley. Cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg are added. Bottled form is brewed under contract by Portland Brewing Co.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 6/20
chimpscampee (566) - Madison, Wisconsin, USA - SEP 7, 2006
UPDATED: JAN 11, 2007 Smell and taste of pumkin pie without the sweetness, thank goodness. Too much spice and clove form me. A style I appear not to like but this may be good example.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
bp (810) - Queens, New York, USA - SEP 20, 2007
Bottle: pours a cloudy, light orange color, aroma of pumpkin which is kinda rare for the pumpkin beers I’ve tried so far since they are usually loaded with some other spice that overpowers everything esle, also has some weaker spice aroma, it actually reminds me a lot of the smell of my grandma’s pumpkin pie, taste is a big letdown, it is watery and thin and and somewhat citrusy. Not worth buying ever again.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
polomagnifico (1202) - Saginaw, Michigan, USA - SEP 26, 2007
bottle. Aroma is very spicy with clove and pumpkin. Average sized fizzy head that fully diminished. Starkly pale amber hue. Flavor is weak but some clove and spicy pumpkin is there. Palate is lively and watery. This beer just plain sucks. I hope I never have to drink this again, buffalo bill you’re a dick.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
waolsen (1360) - Littleton, Colorado, USA - OCT 6, 2007
bottle. golden/copper pour with thin head. wheat, lemon, pumpkin, mild spice aroma. sour, tart, weak and fizzy. my drain enjoyed it more than i did.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
ClarkVV (3892) - Allston, Massachusetts, USA - JUL 24, 2002
UPDATED: OCT 27, 2004 1998 bottle This is an outstanding Pumpkin ale, though i havent had it in a while so its tough to compare it to my current favorite, Empire Pumpkin Ale. It has a nice strong spice aroma that leaves quickly to make room for a medium full body and good hearty pumpkin taste. 2003 bottle Well, either I didnt know good beer 5 years ago, or they just dont brew this like they used to. Probably a mix of both. Whatever the case, this is now a drainpour in my opinion (I poured mine out in bitter disappointment). This beer can be easily replicated by taking club soda and stirring in some sugar, and lots of pumpkin pie spice. Enough said.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
EKGoldings (556) - Radford, Virginia, USA - SEP 12, 2005
Not much exciting here guys .... I’d bet it would be decent to cook with though. Different ... the spices come though, kinda zingy .....

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 6/20
mynameisjonas (206) - Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - FEB 20, 2007
i was not very impressed but i dont like pumpkin. tastes of cinnamon and nutmeg as well

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 5/20
glkaiser (1214) - Seattle, Washington, USA - SEP 27, 2007
Medium amber with small head. Lots of cloves and cinnamon in the aroma. First impression of the taste is that I accidentally took a drag off a clove cigarette instead of drinking my beer. Way too much clove and other spices. Bitter finish. No taste of actual pumpkin. It amazes me that this probably sells well as a national pumpkin ale. High carbonation.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
dzimm27 (136) - - SEP 30, 2011
Very light and too carbonated for my tastes. Not enough earthy vegetal feel to it, just a light tasting beer with a little spice thrown in. Color is weak and while Harpoon’s UFO Pumpkin was my first pumpkin ale, this is below that one. It makes me appreciate that maybe the UFO Pumpkin is a good option

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
drinkbeer (283) - Redondo Beach, California, USA - OCT 13, 2003
Clear dark orangish color. Tastes like liquid pumpkin pie. Almost zero carbonation. No detectable alcohol. Watery. Dissapointing.