overall

RATINGS: 856   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.88   IBU: 12   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
An amber style ale, originally brewed by George Washington, brewed with fresh roasted pumpkins, malted barley. Cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg are added. Bottled form is brewed under contract by Portland Brewing Co.

0.9
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 1/20
kbjames (244) - Utah, USA - NOV 15, 2004
UPDATED: SEP 15, 2005 I was not very impressed with this beer at all. That being said I haven’t tried many of the spice/herb style beers before so I’m not a good reference point. This tasted just like drinking pumpkin pie which was pretty revolting to me. The cinnamon was overpowering at times and I expected more beer attributes in this as well. I won’t be drinking this one again any time soon. This beer is the worst I’ve ever had...

0.9
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
cakanator (452) - South Hadley, Massachusetts, USA - OCT 19, 2011
An awful 12oz offering. I have no idea what the hell this was supposed to be. Light spicing, no flavor and a bitter edge that was offensive. Nothing about this beer says that it is a pumpkin or drinkable. Drain poured.

0.8
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
IdahoBeer (28) - Boise, Idaho, USA - SEP 12, 2006
Overall, this beer smelled of pumpkin, but really tasted watery. I was expecting more of a pumpkin taste.

0.8
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
StephenWade (28) - Hoover, Alabama, USA - OCT 21, 2006
Bottle. Appearance: Medium caramel color with medium opacity, almost no head with a good pour. The smell is slight, with hints of nutmeg. Smell slightly like a dentist office. Taste: ewww! I hardly ever have a beer that I don’t like but, this would be one of them. Probably just not my cup of tea. Real mediciney taste, too much fizz, and, well just bad.

0.7
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
johndavidj99 (125) - Dallas, Maine, USA - FEB 1, 2008
UPDATED: MAR 1, 2008 Horrible! Pumpkin color with non-existent head. Spicy/cinn. nose w/ hints of pumpkin. Awful sour balsamic taste with even worse metallic finish. Very watery. This is the worst beer I have ever experienced.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
Woolburr (4) - Leicester, North Carolina, USA - OCT 18, 2012 does not count
Too sweet and far too much nutmeg for my taste. Might pass as a dessert beer, perhaps served with vanilla ice cream. .5 is a generous score.