overall

RATINGS: 859   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.88   IBU: 12   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
An amber style ale, originally brewed by George Washington, brewed with fresh roasted pumpkins, malted barley. Cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg are added. Bottled form is brewed under contract by Portland Brewing Co.

jbelkin's rating

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
jbelkin (5) - USA - MAR 27, 2007
Itís funny how when I see it in the stores, it just starts to feel like autumn and when I crack it open, it immediately makes it autumn and takes me back to my college days. I hope my wife doesnít read this review but you know how something just evokes a thousand memories - of crossing the San Mateo bridge in my old top down Jeep to see my girlfriend at CSU Hayward (oh, sorry - CSU East Bay now). I can taste the salt air from the marshes and then picking up at her place behind the school, nestled in woods like itís Truckee or something. While Hayward was all 1960ís strip mall falling apart, there was that one cozy place - Buffalo Billís - great fresh beer of every kind - stout, pale ale but pumpkin was always worth waiting for. It was like if we could down a few more, we could hold off winter - and then of course, we moved on - she got a great job offer back East and then Germany - she still emails me asking if I still go to Buffalo Billís - I do but donít hate me, I never take the wife, I just go with my buddies and pumpkin ale takes me back - they got a great clean tasting and unique flavor down - Iíve tried others but itís no pumpkin ale from Buffalo Billís.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
Luvystypotables (667) - Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA - SEP 16, 2014
Aroma of pumpkin spice with a clear orange color no head. A watery feel with a spicy taste and a spicy finish.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 7/20
thejimmyisking (1) - Glendale, California, USA - SEP 1, 2014 does not count
This is a good cheap little beer. Itís nothing fancy. Nice smell of pumpkin and pumpkin spice taste. Squash taste is detectable as well. It could be better it could be worse. Iím enjoying it!

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
vilsack1987 (22) - - AUG 29, 2014
Not bad for a cheaper pumpkin beer. Its very smooth with a pumpkin taste. Cool looking bottle. Happy Halloween!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
generallee08 (680) - New York, USA - AUG 18, 2014
Presentation: It was poured from a brown 12 oz bottle into a tulip glass. The label lists the abv at 5.2 % abv. Appearance: The body has a cloudy, deep orange amber color with a small quick fading head on top. The head fades out completely despite lots of visible carbonation rushing to the surface. Smell: It has some light spice and light squash with a light fruity candy like maltiness. Overall light but balanced. Taste / Palate: Like its aroma it has a light body with thin pumpkin pie spice and light squash like pumpkin notes. Hop flavor and bitterness are very low. The palate is light and well carbonated making it easy to drunk. Notes: It is definitely not the most complex pumpkin beer but there are no unpleasant or off flavors. The highlight to this beer is that I could drink quite a few of these in a session unlike some of the heavier spiced pumpkin ales.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
GreatDane1632 (372) - North Dakota, USA - JUN 29, 2014
Rated from notes taken 8 Sep 2012 -- I rated this a 4 out of five on Untappd, but I donít know why. If I recall correctly I wasnít a huge fan of this beer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
gunnfryd (10573) - Kristiansand, NORWAY - DEC 11, 2013
Bottle. Pale amber colour with a small off-white head. Aroma is caramel, malt, hop, pumkin. Flavour is caramel, malt, hop, pumkin, spices. Carbonated. Ordinary beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Ed5388 (2092) - Forked River, New Jersey, USA - NOV 29, 2013
12oz bottle @ Knife and Fork (Atlantic City) for 4 year anniversary. I had everything else on the menu before so don't judge!.... Yea that means you Dave! Pours a clear burnt orange color with very minimal fizzy off white head. Aroma of toasted malts and lots of pumpkin pie spices. Taste is slightly yeasty, sour citrus, grain, and pumpkin pie spice.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
Metalchopz (2285) - Cantley, Quebec, CANADA - NOV 28, 2013
Got a 6-pack of this one at Walgreens in Vegas. Pours a hazy golden-amber colour with a fizzy warm cap that disappears quickly and leaves not much lace. Smells like pumpkin purťe at first, but then the spices come out (cinnamon, nutmeg). Same for taste with just a little sourness, and less spices. Seems like a decent brew for those who prefer more pumpkin than spices.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 8/20
ziel (76) - Massachusetts, USA - NOV 23, 2013
Hands down my favorite pumpkin ale. There was a several year stretcth were I couldnít get this. Glad its back.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
Beergeek23322 (2263) - Chesapeake, Virginia, USA - NOV 8, 2013
8/26/2010. From bottle. Pumpkin, malt and spice aromas. A little sticky sweet. Sweet flavors from the pumpkin, but somewhat muted. Meh...