RATINGS: 878   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.89   IBU: 12   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
An amber style ale, originally brewed by George Washington, brewed with fresh roasted pumpkins, malted barley. Cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg are added. Bottled form is brewed under contract by Portland Brewing Co.

jbelkin's rating

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
jbelkin (5) - USA - MAR 27, 2007
It’s funny how when I see it in the stores, it just starts to feel like autumn and when I crack it open, it immediately makes it autumn and takes me back to my college days. I hope my wife doesn’t read this review but you know how something just evokes a thousand memories - of crossing the San Mateo bridge in my old top down Jeep to see my girlfriend at CSU Hayward (oh, sorry - CSU East Bay now). I can taste the salt air from the marshes and then picking up at her place behind the school, nestled in woods like it’s Truckee or something. While Hayward was all 1960’s strip mall falling apart, there was that one cozy place - Buffalo Bill’s - great fresh beer of every kind - stout, pale ale but pumpkin was always worth waiting for. It was like if we could down a few more, we could hold off winter - and then of course, we moved on - she got a great job offer back East and then Germany - she still emails me asking if I still go to Buffalo Bill’s - I do but don’t hate me, I never take the wife, I just go with my buddies and pumpkin ale takes me back - they got a great clean tasting and unique flavor down - I’ve tried others but it’s no pumpkin ale from Buffalo Bill’s.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
JStax (3975) - Devola/Marietta, Ohio, USA - SEP 27, 2015
Bottle pour. The beer is a darker copper color. Clear. White head. The aroma has nice levels of nutmeg and a good sweetness. More mild spice. Good graham cracker notes. Medium body and medium carbonation.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
TizzleJizzle (741) - Garland, Texas, USA - SEP 5, 2015
12 oz bottle. Sweet autumn aroma. Poured a slightly unfiltered deep amber color with a beige head and nice head retention. Taste of cinnamon, spice, pumpkin, and clove. Average carbonation, medium body. Slightly unpleasant lingering spice on the palate in my opinion. All in all though, one of the best smelling pumpkin beers around with a not too shabby flavor to boot. Cheers

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Fatehunter (1759) - Corbett, Oregon, USA - SEP 3, 2015
Pours two fingers of head on a dark body. The aroma is brown sugar, smoke, pumpkin and milk. The taste is bread and mild spice. The texture is thicker and smooth. Nice.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 10/20
ozzy70 (206) - - AUG 21, 2015
12 oz. bottle. Pours orange/amber with diminishing white head. Aroma of pumpkin and spices. Taste, pumpkin flavor and spices.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
aumentm (452) - North Carolina, USA - MAY 10, 2015
Terrific pumpkin beer with great aftertaste and smoothness that is wonderful in the fall.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
ordybill (767) - Douglasville, Georgia, USA - MAY 3, 2015
Poured from a 12 OZ bottle into a pint glass. Aroma- Has a pumpkin, cinnamon and malt aroma, very nice Appearance- This beer is a dark amber color with a medium sized white head. Taste- Has a nice flavor, the pumpkin is there but not as pronounced as I like. Palate- This beer has a medium body with moderate carbonation. Overall- A solid pumpkin ale.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
willisread (1097) - Tokyo, JAPAN - APR 15, 2015
Old rating. Bottle from Old Town. Aromas of pumpkin pie, clove, cinnamon all present on the nose. Average carbonation but texture is a little too thin. Light to medium body and slightly sweet on the palate. Just OK.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
superspak (3612) - Michigan, USA - FEB 10, 2015
12 ounce bottle into pint glass, best before 11/13/2014. Pours lightly hazy/cloudy orange/copper color with a 1 finger dense off white head with good retention, that reduces to a thin cap that lingers. Light spotty lacing clings on the glass, with some light streaming carbonation. Aromas of pumpkin, toasted biscuit, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, and herbal/toasted earthiness. Nice and pleasant aromas with good balance and solid complexity of bready malt, pumpkin, and spice notes; with solid strength. Taste of pumpkin, toasted biscuit, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, and herbal/toasted earthiness. Minimal bitterness on the finish; with lingering notes of pumpkin, toasted biscuit, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, and herbal/toasted earthiness on the finish for a good bit. Good balance and solid robustness of bready malt, pumpkin, and spice flavors; with no cloying flavors after the finish. Medium carbonation and light-medium bodied; with a very smooth and slightly creamy/bready mouthfeel that is ok. A little watered down feeling in mouthfeel, but not bad. Alcohol is well hidden with zero warming present after the finish. Overall this is a very solid pumpkin ale. All around good balance and solid robustness/complexity of bready malt, pumpkin, and spice flavors; and very smooth to drink. A pleasantly enjoyable offering.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Roxer4life (7) - San fernando, California, USA - JAN 12, 2015 does not count
Awesome pumpkin beer. I'd buy this again. Pair it with some pumpkin ice cream. Pumpkin beer float. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
conway (2101) - - JAN 10, 2015
Bottle. Allspice, pumpkin and cinnamon candle. Thin. Not very tasty. Definitely not something I would drink again.