overall

RATINGS: 868   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.88   IBU: 12   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
An amber style ale, originally brewed by George Washington, brewed with fresh roasted pumpkins, malted barley. Cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg are added. Bottled form is brewed under contract by Portland Brewing Co.

jbelkin's rating

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
jbelkin (5) - USA - MAR 27, 2007
Itís funny how when I see it in the stores, it just starts to feel like autumn and when I crack it open, it immediately makes it autumn and takes me back to my college days. I hope my wife doesnít read this review but you know how something just evokes a thousand memories - of crossing the San Mateo bridge in my old top down Jeep to see my girlfriend at CSU Hayward (oh, sorry - CSU East Bay now). I can taste the salt air from the marshes and then picking up at her place behind the school, nestled in woods like itís Truckee or something. While Hayward was all 1960ís strip mall falling apart, there was that one cozy place - Buffalo Billís - great fresh beer of every kind - stout, pale ale but pumpkin was always worth waiting for. It was like if we could down a few more, we could hold off winter - and then of course, we moved on - she got a great job offer back East and then Germany - she still emails me asking if I still go to Buffalo Billís - I do but donít hate me, I never take the wife, I just go with my buddies and pumpkin ale takes me back - they got a great clean tasting and unique flavor down - Iíve tried others but itís no pumpkin ale from Buffalo Billís.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
snoworsummer (2500) - baltimore, Maryland, USA - DEC 19, 2014
From a bottle. Pours hazy copper with a bubbly off white head. Smells like roasted pumpkin, light spice, light alcohol, and nutty malt. Tastes like musky, nutty malt, dry roasted pumpkin, toasted grains, and a light sweetness.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Wittales (649) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - NOV 11, 2014
Appearance was clear amber with creamy off white 1 finger diminishing head, spotty lacing. Aromas are of pumpkin, nutmeg, cinnamon, clove, banana and caramel malts. Taste are semi-sweet malt upfront then pumpkin and balanced spices. Palate was soft smooth CO2 with light-medium body, then sweet balanced spicy finish. Overall, solid pumpkin brew just touch to sweet.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
outlawskies (447) - - NOV 7, 2014
Julie says it is nice but boring it is a pumpkin ale that did not try to hard overall Julie gives it a 3

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
slowrunner77 (6114) - Reno, Nevada, USA - OCT 16, 2014
they did a great job with heavy use of pumpkin and spices to cover up what would be a very boring beer. low on "beer", high on spice. still thin, but if you like pumpkin and allspice, this oneís for you."

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
BobbyAnalog (334) - San Diego, California, USA - OCT 12, 2014
Pumpkin flesh, an interesting blend of spices, and capped with a light body that does not compromise flavor. The body isnít pulpy or thick, and errs on the side of caution, but still offers a brisk, airy and pleasant seasonal bang.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
BucannonXC5 (937) - San Diego, California, USA - OCT 8, 2014
Type: 12-oz. bottle Glass: Manzanitas pint glass From: Albertsonís in Alpine, Calif. Price: $1.67 ($9.99 for a mix 6-pack) Purchased: Sept. 30, 2014 Consumed: Oct. 4, 2014 Misc.: Enjoy by Jan. 4, 2015 Poured a dark caramel, auburn, hazy color with 1-to-2 fingers of creamy white head. A decent amount of wet foamy bubbles coming up from the bottom of the glass. Below average spots of foamy lacing on the sides of the glass. Below average retention on the top all the way down. (Sight - 3.61) Smelled cinnamon, nutmeg, molasses, pumpkin, dark Belgian cloves, gingerbread, banana bread, honey and caramel. Very nice on the nose. (Smell - 4.22) Taste wasnít as good as the nose, but close and still decent. Got cinnamon, pumpkin spices, nutmeg, molasses, gingerbread, banana bread, honey, roasted rye, Belgian cloves and banana. (Taste - 3.93) Medium body. Thin texture. Soft carbonation. Long, semi-warming finish. (Feel - 3.64) Iíd have to crunch the numbers, but one of the better pumpkin ales Iíve had. I know I havenít had a lot of the good ones yet though. (Overall - 3.80) 3.92 88 B+

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Fantomasus (229) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - OCT 8, 2014
You know onetime, this asshole (and I canít even remember who or where) said that pumpkin pie wasnít "real pie". It hurt my feelings. It made me mad. I love pumpkin pie. I donít love this beer. Itís good. Itís balanced but monotone. Got it in a 6 pack sampler and thatís a perfect place for it. Drink one to try it. Write a review and move on.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
bkurtz (866) - PERU - OCT 3, 2014
Pours a clear amber with a small, creamy head. Pumpkin pie aromas: Cinnamon, clove, pumpkin. Taste is a little muddled, not something you would ask for again.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
tightslice (235) - Redwood City, California, USA - SEP 25, 2014
Bottle from Whole Foods in Redwood City, CA. Pours a medium to dark amber. Aroma is squash, dirty water, some cinnamon. Flavor is watery, earthy, clay, squash. Stale pumpkin pie flavoring in a moldy, water-downed 711 slurpee found in a dumpster. Minus all the good stuff.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
Luvystypotables (805) - Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA - SEP 16, 2014
Aroma of pumpkin spice with a clear orange color no head. A watery feel with a spicy taste and a spicy finish.