overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 363   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.96   SEASONAL: Winter   IBU: 40   EST. CALORIES: 225   ABV: 7.5%
From Buffalo BIll’s Brewery, one of America’s first brewpubs, comes the perfect winter seasonal beer. At 7.5% alcohol, this award-winning brew is a true winter warmer. Blueberry Oatmeal Stout has hints of chocolate, oatmeal and fresh blueberries. A wonderful pairing of flavors! Great for the holidays and for those who enjoy discovering new beers.
30lbs of blueberry per batch.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
stantheman (654) - British Columbia, CANADA - FEB 9, 2013
Small bottle at Hops in New West. Okay then! A blueberry stout. Say what? Very dark, not quite black. The blueberry is up front, and it amazingly does seem like stout underneath. Couldn’t help noticing the tepid ratings. Not world class, but somehow I like it! 3.4.

300 beers. Yahoo!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
pumpmaster (1131) - Pembroke Pines, Florida, USA - FEB 4, 2013
12 ounce bottle purchased at Total Wine Pembroke Pines, FL for $0.99 Large head.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
RumRunner101 (770) - Alberta, CANADA - FEB 3, 2013
Deep brown pour. Aroma is fresh blueberries, dark chocolate, oatmeal. Lots of blueberry flavour, slight dark malt backing with a hint of oats. Found this to be too sweet with the blueberries overpowering. Though, it didn’t taste artificial.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
DBob5150 (196) - Kansas City, Missouri, USA - FEB 1, 2013
A deep purplish-brown body with a very thin white head. Taste is more of a roasted caramel & coffee with a bit of alcohol. Left slighty bitter aftertaste with a faint hint of fruit.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Gerbeer (1780) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - JAN 27, 2013
12 oz bottle. Pours a very dark brown with medium head. Aromas of blueberries, chocolate, and roasted malt. Flavors of watery burnt malts, coffee and pepper with pronounced acidity. Body is thin with a lot of excess carbonation.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
UnholyBrewing (595) - Central Florida(Upper Hell), Florida, USA - JAN 14, 2013
Bottle at Burke’s. Oatmeal and blueberry on the nose, with oatmeal malt and some roasted notes. Similar flavors, with some dryness. Dark brown with a tan head. Alcohol well hidden and finished dry with oats and blueberry. Pretty good.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
sfontain (802) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - JAN 12, 2013
12 oz bottle Whole Foods. Thin black, 70% head; I had to pour this 3 different times to fit it into a 14 oz glass with the head it created; massive amounts of lacing. Aroma is tart blueberry, roast, coffee. Flavor...ugh... this is really hard to drink; tart, sour blueberries mixed with roast and coffee. Mouthfeel is medium-thin and criminally over-carbonated, though the bubbles are really granular and make this feel frothy. I don’t really get this one; blueberries and chocolate I could see, but blueberries and coffee? Hell no. On top of that, the tartness of this blueberry makes it taste horribly fake. Pyramid sucks and this one takes the cake.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
joeneugs (3242) - Livermore, California, USA - JAN 12, 2013
12 oz. bottle. It pours dark brown with a large, frothy khaki head. The aroma is pleasantly subdued with blueberry pie and maybe a hint of mildly roasted malt. Maybe not totally authentic blueberry aroma, but not too artificial. The flavor is pretty nice with noticeable blueberry sweetness backed up by toasty maltiness, caramel and a rather unpleasant bitter finish. Overall, I think the blueberries were used very sucessfully. I just wished the base beer was a better stout. A bit underrated though IMO.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Aurelius (4176) - Tallahassee, Florida, USA - JAN 8, 2013
Sweet, blueberry ale aroma -- sometimes tangy and powdery. Squat California 12oz twist off, OK label, opaque black beer with a fairly tall and persistent head. Nice bitterness with a little licorice up front. Gets a little cofeeish and is somewhat astringent when it warms. Medium body, effervescent mouthfeel. Blueberries were only apparent to me in the tangy finish. Didn’t really love this one. ABC Liquors, Bull Run.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
zonmei (36) - Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA - JAN 6, 2013
UPDATED: JUN 15, 2013 I want to love this beer. I hope I got a bad sixer and can change my rating! This baby pours a sweet mess of fuzz. I thought I might have had a dirty glass so I pulled out a new one and washed and dried it. Same mess. During this mess of a pour I smelled an amazing blend of hops and blueberries. The darkness of the blend alluded to a stouty bitterness and I couldn’t wait for the foam to recede. The mouth feel was very foamy. I guess even after the head died down that this volatile concoction wanted to explode in my mouth. I waited for it to come closer to room temp (70F) and then began again. I loved the taste of this. The bitterness of the stout with the sweet of the berries was classy. I wish this thing wasn’t like a 13 year old boy in a strip club. I wish I could love it!