overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 572   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.56   SEASONAL: Summer   IBU: 13   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
Cream Ale brewed with honey and orange peel, with orange flower extract added.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
Dickinsonbeer (5076) - Hoboken, New Jersey, USA - AUG 26, 2004
At first I thought I liked this but then that orange flavor and smell got real annoying real fast. Smell is kinda like orange juice/ orange soda smell with some citrus notes. Flavor is orange creamcicle but ruined by a harsh spritz by overcarbonation. Interesting brew though.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Dogbrick (8507) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - AUG 25, 2004
This brew is a clear orange color with lots of bubbles. Very thin off-white head that vanished right away, as well as quick lacing. Light honey and spice aroma. Light body with a crisp character, and tastes of orange soda, sweet honey and a touch of spice. The finish is light on flavor but is consistently tangy. All in all this is an unassuming beer that is light on flavor but is easy to drink.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Steib (613) - Queen Creek, Arizona, USA - AUG 21, 2004
Pleasant orange and slight honey aroma. Pours somewhat flat. Tasted like drinking a orange soda , sunkist? with elements of grain. Different, can be refreshing. I think just mixing orange soda and tonic water would get you the same thing.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
elnadeau (786) - Laguna Niguel, California, USA - AUG 19, 2004
On one hand, I applaud the adventurous excursions that this brewery attempts, but I am not sure I would have productized this one or the pumpkin ale. I suppose if your are just plain bored with all the other brews in your fridge (Iím not) then this might hit you just right. I can tell you though, do not try this strange ale right after a glass of bold imperial stout. Using natural ingredients instead of artificial flavors is a good thing and the overall result is not really too bad, but not something I would look to have again.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
JCapriotti (1379) - Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - AUG 18, 2004
Whtie fizzy head, clear orange body. Aroma is filled with orange. Orange soda, orange sherbert, etc. Taste is an almost nasty orange sherbert flavor with what seems like a wheaty adjunct finish. Slightly sour at times as well, but it has a big sweet honey component that balances that out. Eh.... donít understand why this is marked as a "winter" seasonal, when it seems like a refreshing, albeit awkward tasting summer beer.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
mikeben (355) - Naperville, Illinois, USA - AUG 16, 2004
Hey my tastes are very ecclectic and I like a good stout as much as the next guy, but I really love beers made with fruit. Sure Lambics are better quaity but I tasted the fresh honey and fresh orange peel. It was a refreshing brew. Okay maybe it need a little more bite but it was a mild beer to drink on a hot day and quite original.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
mjg74 (2492) - La Mesa, California, USA - AUG 9, 2004
Pours a deep golden color. Smells like orange flavored mineral water. Tastes like some sort of an orange beverage, not really like a brew. Itís alright to try one but I wouldnít sit down with a sixer of this.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
DocLock (8016) - Lower Pottsgrove, Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 4, 2004
Pours orangish/dark straw with big orange aroma. This does taste like a mixture of orange soda and orange mineral water. The taste is very unbeerlike. I appreciate the novelty of this, but I probably wouldnít seek it out again. Not bad, just not something Iíd look for.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
OD40oz (773) - Box Elder, South Dakota, USA - AUG 3, 2004
I thought that this would be some fake tasting daisy crap. It wasnít too bad, for a girly beer. It tastes like orange candy. I would try it again just for the hell of it if I got the chance. Much better than Sam Adamís Cherry Wheat or Leinenkugelís Berry Weiss.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
DavidP (1747) - Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - AUG 2, 2004
Orange-amber body, no head or carbonation. Smells and tastes like an oragne Fanta with some white bread notes. Even though I donít see any carbonation in the body, thereís still a good amount of tingle on the tongue. I was really excited about the beer when I first opened it up, it smelled really good. After sitting down with it, I realize itís just a mass-appeal crappy fruit beer.