overall

RATINGS: 89   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.87   EST. CALORIES: 141   ABV: 4.7%
A smooth and refreshing premium quality American-style pilsner. Burger Classic is full-flavored yet light-bodied lager brewed with select American 6-row pale and black malts along with Chinook, Nugget and Liberty hops. Naturally carbonated by using traditional Krausening methods. A regional favorite in Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana. Brewed by City Brewery for Christian Moerlein Brewing.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
RONCOD (216) - Uledi, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 18, 2014
Pours a nice amber yellow with a thin white head. Taste was mildly sweet with a dry citrus flavor. I wasn’t too sure I would like this beer because it was so cheap. All I can say is, why haven’t I tried this sooner? I really liked this.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
OPIE788 (313) - Ohio, USA - APR 1, 2014
Can. Everything a classic American lager should be. Goes down o.k. and doesn’t fill you up.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
rondphoto (1820) - Lakeside Park, Kentucky, USA - JUL 17, 2013
Clear golden amber, 3-finger head that drops to a full cover, no lace. Taste is carbonated malt with a light bittering at the finish. This is the "good stuff" our fathers used to drink, and, considering its source, not all that bad. Where’s a Cincinnati Red’s game on a hot Saturday afternoon so I can enjoy it?

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
drsordr (1005) - Loveland, Ohio, USA - JUN 16, 2013
OK, so after a long night at the 25th class reunion, when closing down the local dive bar, this actually wasn’t horrible. nothing off putting, easy to drink, and no funk. Otherwise no great flavors, but cold and easy to drink.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
douglas88 (5837) - Portland, Oregon, USA - JAN 9, 2013
12 ounce can thanks to Beau. Pours a clear copper color with a medium white head. A light grainy nose. Nothing here, nothing bad or good: sweet grain, water maybe some honey. I could drink 20 of these! I want to in a sick way.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
DrSilverworm (6021) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - JAN 9, 2013
12oz can, thanks to b3shine. My can says it was contract brewed in PA, for Hudepohl. Clear pale yellow color. Little white head. bits of lace. Bready, salty, buttery and light banana notes. Pronounced but lighter carbonation. Weird body, has an odd finish. I must be missing something, here. Tastes like an unimpressive macro without really any appealing qualities, though nowhere near as offensive as the miller I had last night.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
mikem409 (1478) - bloomfield, Michigan, USA - DEC 31, 2012
Can. Pours clear light orange with foamy head. Aroma of corn. Taste is light corn flake and corn syrup

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
b3shine (5195) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - DEC 29, 2012
Can to pint. Looks fine; a transparent gold with white head that dissipates into lacing fairly quickly. Smells doughy and skunky, but not in a bad way. Tastes like it smells with an average mouthfeel. Alright for what it is, and a good value.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
CanIHave4Beers (3190) - Pouring Bus, Iowa, USA - DEC 6, 2012
A 99th percentile Pale Lager? It is not often you find stumble across one of these. When I brought it home I had no idea....

Pours a perfectly clear light golden with a small but kind of well retained head and lots of champagne bubbles in the glass and some lacing on the glass.

The aroma has that sort of Minhas house character... I’m not trying to be bias against them here, I had no clue up until today that they brewed this beer and I didn’t care that much for the aroma previously... now that I know it’s Minhas it seems very Minhas-y... which is not all together a negative thing... I’ve liked other pale lagers that smell this way. Lightly bready, some mild hop aromas (primarily floral) with some light metallic and vegetal character that doesn’t seem as nasty as it ought to.

The beer is really fairly pleasant tasting. By all means it is a pale lager through and through, it’s light in every way, but it’s also not neutral, and what’s more important is that it’s not overly sweet or corny... in fact it’s a fairly dry beer, crisp and nicely bitter.... with a well controlled corniness.

We’re not talking about anything wonderful here, but on most accounts I enjoy this beer and wouldn’t mind drinking it again.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
ReggieDunlap (3028) - The dub c, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 28, 2012
Pours a bright clear yellow/gold with a medium creamy white head...decent retention and lacing. Aroma has light grassiness and spice...mild soapiness. Flavor has mild straw and light earthy/grassy bitterness. Mouthfeel is medium/full and the finish is crisp and dry...refreshing.