overall

RATINGS: 89   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.87   EST. CALORIES: 141   ABV: 4.7%
A smooth and refreshing premium quality American-style pilsner. Burger Classic is full-flavored yet light-bodied lager brewed with select American 6-row pale and black malts along with Chinook, Nugget and Liberty hops. Naturally carbonated by using traditional Krausening methods. A regional favorite in Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana. Brewed by City Brewery for Christian Moerlein Brewing.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
Bigmmartin (603) - Dayton, Ohio, USA - JUN 16, 2009
A typical pale lager that has just slightly more flavor than the big name macros. A little sweeter than most also. Light, drinkable, refreshing? Yeah sure, why not.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
SrSilligoose (3220) - pouring bus, New Brunswick, CANADA - JUN 14, 2009
UPDATED: SEP 28, 2010 Rating number 500. can. what a way to celebrate. solid pale lager. Lookin to rerate. good beer.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
TearsforBeers (183) - Ohio, USA - JUN 6, 2009
Poured into my Gulden Draak glass for classic American drinking experience. Pours a clear light golden yellow with fizzy white head. Aroma is clearly adjunct heavy, but not offensive - grain, corn, etc. Flavor is basic but refreshing, some light malt/graininess, lightly acidic, lightly bitter ending. Mouthfeel is fizzy, but not as fizzy as the major macros. Overall, a beer that I would be fine with drinking if offered at a barbecue. A low-end leader.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
kegmeister (25) - Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - JUN 4, 2009
Overall a very basic, commercial tasting beer. Cannot see much of a difference between this brew and a macro. Needs more flavor and character to be a sturdy lager.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
shigadeyo (2976) - Harrison, Ohio, USA - MAY 31, 2009

5/31/2009: Bürger Beer is back in town! Bürger Classic is like many other fizzy yellow beers, but it is a "hometown classic" and that makes all the difference. That having been said, this is really nothing more than a light, grainy, but refreshing beer. It reminds me of Busch beer or similar, but maybe slightly more fruity or something. It’s hard to say because there really isn’t that much to say to even attempt to differentiate between all of the "pale lagers" available out there. I think that I actually prefer Hudy Delight over Bürger Beer. It just seems to have a little more character and is less fizzy...

I remember drinking Bürger back during my college days when it was the cheapest available beer at many bars for only $1/can! They even used to give you one of those small 6 fl. oz. glasses to pour it into, sip, pour a little more, sip, and so on. Those were the days... Anyways, I’m glad to see that the new Hudepohl-Schenling Brewing Company has brought back both Bürger Classic and Bürger Light. Hopefully they will continue to resurrect all of the old Hudy brands as well as actually bring the brewing back to Cincinnati.

12 fl. oz. can from 12-pack purchased at Bigg’s Hypermarket in Harrison, Ohio. Rating #35 for this beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Headbanger (3226) - Aurora, Illinois, USA - JAN 27, 2008
12oz can(12/02)-A golden body with a nice white head and an aroma of nothing. Taste of any other pale lager but with a bit more hops and malt. A nice tasting lager.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
beerbill (3324) - Laurel, New York, USA - JAN 21, 2008
I’ve been cleaning out the storage room in my basement and built a set of shelves for my beer cellar and have been getting things organized. As a beer can collector, I have cases and cases of cans that I used to trade with. I decided it was time to cull the herd a bit and in going through the cases of cans, came across this full one of Burger. It lists the brewer as Hudepohl-Schoenling in Cincinnati, Ohio. I also see a logo that they are sponsoring some event in ’88. Holy crap, this stuff is 20 years old! Well, into the fridge it goes...

I was expecting the worst when I opened the can. To my surprise, it poured a mostly clear light gold with a sudsy white head that faded to an uneven white film within about a minute. No foul odors, that’s a good sign. Actually some very light hops and sweet malt. The flavor is actually not bad either - sweet malt with some very light hops and even a little sweet lemon. Really not a bad little beer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
strangaj (250) - West Chester, Ohio, USA - JUL 2, 2007
UPDATED: JUL 6, 2007 RCL and I had this beer after it had been sitting in a refrigerator for upwards of 3 years. I was expecting something skunky, but instead we were greeted with an outstanding pale lager. There was actually some substance and character to it accompanied with a smooth finish. Please begin making this beer again, it is wonderful.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
RCL (2030) - Waltham, Massachusetts, USA - JUL 1, 2007
I believe this is the best pale lager I’ve ever had. It’s a crying shame they don’t make it anymore. Rich grains with just a hint of fruit. Very nice.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
papajohn (1249) - San Diego (Mira Mesa), California, USA - MAY 27, 2007
This was one of the best Cincinnati area local lagers. My Mom’s favorite and mine as well. It was also, for a long time, rated the number one pale lager on this site. Crisp, clean and refreshing with a mildly hoppy finish. Sold out by the macros.