overall

RATINGS: 329   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.7   EST. CALORIES: 204   ABV: 6.8%
Our India Pale Ale packs typical IPA balls but strikes a better balance between dryness and drinkability. It’s every bit as rich but a little less bitter than other American interpretations of the breed, and here’s why. We are smarter, better looking brew masters. It also doesn’t hurt that we use 2 row barley with no goofy processing. And then we employ a 2 week dry hop process before we put it in the can, with love for you, our beer loving friends. There is no fish or fish flavor in Snapperhead. We chose this cartoon figure to represent the brand in a somewhat random marketing process we call ’non-sensical ideation’.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
bgburdman9 (857) - Kettering, Ohio, USA - MAY 20, 2007
Wow this was a great beer from sliffy. Aroma of a little buttery and some real sweet citrus. Flavor was sweet and sticky, left a film on my teeth. Pretty bad aftertaste also.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
nolankowal (923) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - MAY 19, 2007
Can shared by sliffy. Orange pour with no head. Aroma of malt, grassy hops and some caramel. Falvor of caramel malt and earthy hops. Medium body sweet and somewhat syrupy...sweet/light bitter finish.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
sliffy (2040) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - MAY 18, 2007
Can thanks to dickinsonbeer?: This had to be the single coolest beer I got in the mystery swap, had the perfect blend of "this looks interesting" to the abject horror of what could be contained in a little yellow can that said butternuts on it. Needless to say I couldn’t wait to crack it open with some friends. Pours a clear yellow/gold in color with a white head. Aroma, grassy hops dominate, while there are some buttery malty notes. Though the buttery part probably comes from the name more so than what I actually smelled. Flavor, pale malts, some faint citrus, a bit nutty, with some grassy hops, and a bready finish. Not the best, not the worst, but it did seem a bit stale. I’de drink it again for the novelty.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 8/20
BREWMUSKCLES (2204) - New Jersey, USA - MAY 16, 2007
good looking beer with a malt base and hop character that is exactly that of an old broom. why we brew dogs enjoy that i dunno? try it once enjoy the flavor and then leave it alone... for eternity.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
Cletus (6354) - Connecticut, USA - MAY 14, 2007
Can with nice graphics. Too bad the beer doesn’t even come close to living up to its potential. Watery golden boring flavorless coors light clone. Wish I could say something more interesting about this beer but it doesn’t taste like an IPA and doesn’t even live up to an average pale lager.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
5000 (6211) - Hardened Liver, Washington, USA - MAY 5, 2007
Can: Dull golden, somewhat dirty, thin dishwater head, dies quickly, real quick actually, barely any lacing.   Muted malt nose, some vegetable... well actually moreso that than anything hop related.   Blech, vegetal and cabbage like on the tongue.   Very slight sweetness to it.   IPA? What IPA?   Not particularly pleasing.   Seems like it could be broken... but at least I know its not from light.   Moderate body and mouthfeel.   Overcooked vegetables on the finish.   Actually, looking at the ratings I think its probably what was intended.   Thanks for the new can Paul!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
beerme1971 (3) - Brooklyn, New York, USA - MAY 3, 2007 does not count
I picked this up looking for decent beers in a can for a golf outing. this will do nicely on the course. i had low expectations but was pleasantly surprised.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
JAF737300 (1291) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - APR 29, 2007
I like what they were trying to do here. It is a hopped IPA but they seem to go with the citrus less bitter flavor. It was from a can but poured brown-orange, and had nice citrus aromas and a citrus spice light bitter flavor. Really Decent!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
OKBeer (1170) - Halifax, Nova Scotia, CANADA - APR 13, 2007
Sample at April 2007 Brewnosers meeting. Amber with a frothy white head. Light caramel, orange, leafy, piny aroma. Light caramel and toasty flavour with a fresh piny, citrusy, lightly pithy bitter finish. Medium bodied, refreshing.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
mk70 (64) - New York, USA - APR 12, 2007
UPDATED: APR 13, 2007 Nose is more lemon then hops, but somehow works. Amber in color. Hops became more evident when tasted, but it’s not a highly hopped IPA. Quite refreshing when poured into a frosted glass. I find it better then most the reviewers and enjoyed the flavor. Also, the convenience of a can come in handy. Nice ale for the summer, and I enjoyed the sample given to me.