Brewed by Cerveceria La Constancia (SABMiller)
Style: Pilsener
San Salvador, El Salvador

RATINGS: 142   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.69/5   EST. CALORIES: 138   ABV: 4.6%
Legend has it the fishermen of Central America sought the Great Loggerhead Turtle in warm tropical waters. It was tribal belief that this powerful turtle, also known as the "Caguama", symbolized good fortune for the fisherman’s village. It’s our hope that you too will experience the good fortune of the "Caguama". Salud!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
Beertotaler (1) - Conroe, Texas, USA - JUL 5, 2006 does not count
The wife found this beer and keeps bringing it to gatherings. In Texas we drink cold Beer. If its free and lots of it, even better. How Kroger started selling this is beyond me. We refer to it as "Turtle Beer." Guys, I hate to tell ya, as a Mexican, Dos XX, Tecate, and Corona ALL used to be shit on by EVERYONE. I bet you wish you had stock in it now.

marckymarc (1) - Tempe, Arizona, USA - JUN 27, 2006 does not count
Caguama is by far the best beer I’ve ever had!! I bought it on impulse, seeing it at a Kroger store on sale at just $8.88 for a 12-pack of bottles, and $15.99 for a 30-pack of cans. After trying the beer, I went back and bought 10 cases of each to stock up for the summer. It is a perfect beer for the pool, lake, or beach. You will not be disappointed. CAGUAMA FOR LIFE!!!!

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
Tmoney99 (12420) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - JUN 1, 2006
Bottle from Kroger. Clear pale color with a large frothy white head thar diminished slowly with fair lacing. Light grass hop aroma. Light body with soft carbonation. Light balanced bitter sweet flavor with a light short finish. Drinkable summer brew.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
ryeknow2 (3) - long beach, California, USA - MAY 26, 2006 does not count
Why is it every 30 pack i have ever purchased always has at least 1 burst or flat can in it? man, i could get sick off that shit!And then when i try to find who could possibly have any responsibility in the manufactoring of this beer ,i get "not me, who, dont know that beer,etc. etc." I aint lying.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 7/20
RCL (2030) - Waltham, Massachusetts, USA - MAY 1, 2006
Bit of skunkiness on the nose. I may have an older bottle, but it tastes better than it smells. It is marginally better then Corona, but not as good as Carib or Dos Equis. Doesn’t really have a whole lot of taste.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
Suttree (5689) - Knoxville, Tennessee, USA - APR 23, 2006
UPDATED: APR 27, 2006 I worry, sometimes, that the collecting aspect of this hobby may be usurping the enjoyment of the beer. I saw this at Kroger’s and noticed it was from El Salvador (For those of you who don’t speak Spanish, "El Salvador" means "The Salvador"). New country for me! Huzzah! Of course, it was 6-packs only. And it was a foregone conclusion the beer would suck. I knew The Bride would not be particularly pleased that I was spending $7.99 to get a rating. And yet I caved. This cannot be healthy. Oh, and the beer tastes like Cheerios and Alka Seltzer.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
dwyerpg (4917) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - APR 13, 2006
The only okay thing about this beer is the aroma. First taste is like any other lager, but than the aftertaste kicks in, bringing this beer down fast. Gave almost the whole bottle away.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
aracauna (3318) - Georgia, USA - FEB 13, 2006
Very pale yellow. Clear, with a fizzy, fleeting white head. The aroma is mild hops, which are almost a touch minty. Corn is the dominate "malt" flavor. Soft, not offensive, but not a lot of flavor either.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
shrubber85 (9465) - Greenville, Indiana, USA - NOV 3, 2005
Bottle. Central American marketing strikes again - a clear bottle mimicking guess which brand. Slight malt aroma. Bright yellow color with slight head. Light corny malt flavor - very watery. Better than Corona but not by much.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Zappa (1) - USA - OCT 5, 2005 does not count
I am amazed at how many of you fools buy discounted beer. It is cheap because it is OLD. If you don’t mind bad taste just to get a buzz, then go for it, BUT don’t rate the beer if it is a warm shelf, $2 bucks a sixer, deal ya can’t refuse! Cheap skates are so stupid. NOW, this beer. I got some from the distributor and I was very impressed! Lots of malt character with a fresh corn note. Not much in the hops area which gives it a sweet taste but very clean and refreshing. What is the best beer in the world? A fresh one!!