overall
Brewed by Cerveceria La Constancia (SABMiller)
Style: Pilsener
San Salvador, El Salvador

RATINGS: 133   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.72   EST. CALORIES: 138   ABV: 4.6%
Legend has it the fishermen of Central America sought the Great Loggerhead Turtle in warm tropical waters. It was tribal belief that this powerful turtle, also known as the "Caguama", symbolized good fortune for the fisherman’s village. It’s our hope that you too will experience the good fortune of the "Caguama". Salud!

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
labattblueleaf (225) - Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - OCT 23, 2003
Crummy, watered-down taste, plus a bit of a skunky smell and flavor. Better off drinking Busch. Cool bottle though.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 5/20
DeltaBlues (9) - Yakima, Washington, USA - OCT 12, 2003 does not count
It's what it is, a light, crisp Latin beer. I think it's head and hoppiness rate it higher than the Sol's, Tecate's, XX and Corona's of the world though.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
bac080 (398) - Boardman, Ohio, USA - AUG 10, 2003
This is a cool looking bottle. Sadly, the beer isn't quite as cool. At least I can say I had one from El Salvador.

0.8
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
savitska (163) - Smyrna, Georgia, USA - AUG 7, 2003
Hands down one of the nastiest beers I've had in a while. On a whim because it was on sale at Kroger I bought this Corona look-and-sound alike hoping to be pleasantly surprised. Instead I was treated to watery yellow liquid that couldn't pass muster as beer if it was poured into a vat of Guinness. Absolutely putrid!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
drewcifer85710 (158) - Youngstown, Ohio, USA - JUL 22, 2003
Strong points: cool bottle, inexpensive, is probably cold. Nothing interesting to taste or say.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
garrison (749) - Cin. city, Ohio, USA - MAY 29, 2003
UPDATED: NOV 5, 2005 A nice, refreshing summer beer with a really nifty sea turtle on the bottle. Affordable and tasty, this is my favorite everyday south-of-the-border beer... did i mention about the cool blue turtle on the bottle? :-)

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
TheTsunami (162) - Arizona, USA - FEB 21, 2003
Skunk nose. Skunk flavor. Better than corona though.Probably good if you are mowing the sand in the desert in july though.

1.4
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
DOdubble (92) - UVA, Virginia, USA - DEC 9, 2002
Had this a few yrs ago, if i remember correctly it tatsted like watered down apple juice. Not good. Crappier version of corona.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 1/20
Diego (79) - San Diego, California, USA - OCT 9, 2002
I opened the bottle set it on the counter and ran in to the bathroom to releive myself from my previous brew. When I returned to the desk I thought I’d left a bag of pot open. Extremely skunky bouquet. Nice head too but that’s where it ended for me. A typically weak beer (Mexican brews are very similiar to the American stuff). Still one of the better of the Mejicano’s. Good with chips I’ll bet.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 11/20
Dave420 (55) - O.C, California, USA - SEP 1, 2002
the first time i tasted this beer was out of a can and it was really sweet and tasted good. Second time was out of a bottle and tasted different but still good .... think this is the best mexican beer out there so far , to bad its mexican or id drink it more i dont really trust them