overall
Brewed by Cerveceria La Constancia (SABMiller)
Style: Pilsener
San Salvador, El Salvador

RATINGS: 135   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.7   EST. CALORIES: 138   ABV: 4.6%
Legend has it the fishermen of Central America sought the Great Loggerhead Turtle in warm tropical waters. It was tribal belief that this powerful turtle, also known as the "Caguama", symbolized good fortune for the fisherman’s village. It’s our hope that you too will experience the good fortune of the "Caguama". Salud!

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 1/20
Diego (79) - San Diego, California, USA - OCT 9, 2002
I opened the bottle set it on the counter and ran in to the bathroom to releive myself from my previous brew. When I returned to the desk I thought I’d left a bag of pot open. Extremely skunky bouquet. Nice head too but that’s where it ended for me. A typically weak beer (Mexican brews are very similiar to the American stuff). Still one of the better of the Mejicano’s. Good with chips I’ll bet.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 11/20
Dave420 (55) - O.C, California, USA - SEP 1, 2002
the first time i tasted this beer was out of a can and it was really sweet and tasted good. Second time was out of a bottle and tasted different but still good .... think this is the best mexican beer out there so far , to bad its mexican or id drink it more i dont really trust them

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
wilkie (1208) - Raleigh, North Carolina, USA - AUG 21, 2002
This beer tastes very similar to Corona. Little more corn malty flavor, but tastes a little better with lime than Corona. Plus it’s cheaper than Corona.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
Braudog (5743) - Hampton, Virginia, USA - AUG 18, 2002
The lightest colored beer I’ve seen in some time. Grainy aroma. Taste hints of corn, but it’s very light. If you like the kind of light beer that goes well with lime and spicy food, this isn’t so bad.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
Aggie80 (785) - Michigan, USA - APR 15, 2002
I would normally have ignored this, but this site has raised my awareness and encouraged me to take risks I wouldn’t have before! I figured that I could use another country in my collection and how bad could it be? Thick head with a trace of that hoppy/skunky smell. I was amazed at how smooth this was! Not much flavor, but no bad aftertaste either.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 14/20
msutequilaman (84) - Troy, Michigan, USA - APR 14, 2002
Nice white head. Some hoppiness in the aroma as well as the taste. Decent flavor for a Mexican beer. I would rate it higher than Corona for sure.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
maxhits (172) - Pico Rivera, California, USA - MAR 29, 2002
When a flipped the cap, the beer’s citrusy aroma seemed familiar to me. I poured a glass, took a few gulps, and came to the immediate realization that I drank this beer before, only it was labeled differently. This beer tastes exactly the same as El Gran Campeon, another beer that is brewed and bottled by Cerveceria La Constancia, S.A. This brewery may be better known for its Suprema lager and Pilsener of El Salvador beers.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 6/20
Skrip99 (82) - Los Angeles, California, USA - MAR 11, 2002
Caguama is what you call a central american turtle’s excrement. And sadly, that’s the name of this beer. El Salvador’s take on Mexico’s Corona. Not much different...

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
hopshead (24) - Asheville, North Carolina, USA - FEB 5, 2002
Really very much like a Corona. Never trust a beer that has to be jazzed up with a lime. Very middle of the road beer. Not great, not bad. If you like Corona and you are short on funds, this I think would make a good substitute. I found it at my local Kroger where they are introducing it a pretty low price.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
PhillyBeer2112 (2525) - Oviedo, Florida, USA - DEC 28, 2001
Some people say Budweiser is watery. Well, if Bud is watery beer, then this stuff is just plain water. It really is just about the closest I’ve ever tasted to beer flavored soda water. Color: very pale straw. Fizzy. Definitely the blandest beer I’ve ever had.