overall
Brewed by Cerveceria La Constancia (SABMiller)
Style: Pilsener
San Salvador, El Salvador

RATINGS: 135   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.7   EST. CALORIES: 138   ABV: 4.6%
Legend has it the fishermen of Central America sought the Great Loggerhead Turtle in warm tropical waters. It was tribal belief that this powerful turtle, also known as the "Caguama", symbolized good fortune for the fishermanís village. Itís our hope that you too will experience the good fortune of the "Caguama". Salud!

marckymarc (1) - Tempe, Arizona, USA - JUN 27, 2006 does not count
Caguama is by far the best beer Iíve ever had!! I bought it on impulse, seeing it at a Kroger store on sale at just $8.88 for a 12-pack of bottles, and $15.99 for a 30-pack of cans. After trying the beer, I went back and bought 10 cases of each to stock up for the summer. It is a perfect beer for the pool, lake, or beach. You will not be disappointed. CAGUAMA FOR LIFE!!!!

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
sickdog74 (5) - Burbank, California, USA - DEC 3, 2006 does not count
I like this beer. I got a 30 pack at Ralphs for $12.99. Canít beat that. If you put a lime in it, itís better than Corona. If you donít have a lot of money, you want this beer. i think it tastes good, a little skunky but I like that for some reason.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
Beertotaler (1) - Conroe, Texas, USA - JUL 5, 2006 does not count
The wife found this beer and keeps bringing it to gatherings. In Texas we drink cold Beer. If its free and lots of it, even better. How Kroger started selling this is beyond me. We refer to it as "Turtle Beer." Guys, I hate to tell ya, as a Mexican, Dos XX, Tecate, and Corona ALL used to be shit on by EVERYONE. I bet you wish you had stock in it now.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
garrison (776) - Cin. city, Ohio, USA - MAY 29, 2003
UPDATED: NOV 5, 2005 A nice, refreshing summer beer with a really nifty sea turtle on the bottle. Affordable and tasty, this is my favorite everyday south-of-the-border beer... did i mention about the cool blue turtle on the bottle? :-)

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Zappa (1) - USA - OCT 5, 2005 does not count
I am amazed at how many of you fools buy discounted beer. It is cheap because it is OLD. If you donít mind bad taste just to get a buzz, then go for it, BUT donít rate the beer if it is a warm shelf, $2 bucks a sixer, deal ya canít refuse! Cheap skates are so stupid. NOW, this beer. I got some from the distributor and I was very impressed! Lots of malt character with a fresh corn note. Not much in the hops area which gives it a sweet taste but very clean and refreshing. What is the best beer in the world? A fresh one!!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
bighair (51) - Hamilton, Ohio, USA - MAY 28, 2004
UPDATED: MAR 27, 2005 I enjoyed this beer. A local store that specializes in imports had it the 32 oz bottles on sale for 99 cents, so it was hard to pass up. reminded me of corona. lime is a must. the painting on the bottle is very pretty.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
twistedviews (75) - California, USA - AUG 5, 2009
i like this because its cheap and decent taste. not too much "good flavor" but, beer is beer and if its in front of me, ill drink it. for others, if your used to beers like arrogant bastard ales (one of my favs) or some kind of dark ale, stout, bock, ect... you may think this is pretty weak.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
jclick99 (3) - USA - JUL 27, 2001 does not count
Rather have a carona

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
troza (1) - irvine, California, USA - AUG 16, 2006 does not count
If youíre low on money, than look no farther; Caguama is the beer for you. I can get it at Ralphs for only $13.99 a 30 pack! Thatís cheaper than any beer I know of including Pabts, Natural ice or Miller Highlife. The best part about it though is if you look closely the turtle has 7 leafs on its shell, all of which have 9 leaves on them. Ring a bell? Allot of marijuana strands also have nine leaves. Caguama also taste a little bit like a hit of dank chronic (youíll notice after having a few). In addition, the can is yellow and blue and makes it look more like a fruit juice, especially from a distance. Itís the cheapest, itís all about the reefer, and super inconspicuous. Caguama is a good call every time.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
kamish (93) - Monroe, Washington, USA - JUL 29, 2008
a pretty damn good mexican import. my buddies dad recommended it. and i do as well. better than corona for sure.