overall

RATINGS: 86   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.75   EST. CALORIES: 162   ABV: 5.4%
The Brewer’s special blend of four unique malts including chocolate & carmel malt. A light taste of coffee with a sweet finish makes this one of our best selling beers.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
mjbmxz99 (1) - USA - NOV 28, 2001 does not count
i have had many a rowlands beer, and other fine beers, but this here beer takes the cake, and then some

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
THE BEER BARON (275) - Wisconsin, USA - NOV 23, 2001
Though I do love this beer, I have to re-rate it. The last few times I had it, it wasn’t as good. And even with that it is still one of my favorites.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
The Friar99 (222) - Wisconsin, USA - APR 18, 2001
It’s damn good. The chocolate malt is the most prominent flavor and then there are the caramel undertones. When combined I would almost think that some celestial being came to earth to brew it. And it comes in a sweet 1/2 gallon jug. Finally, something good comes from Chilton. It’s perfect for a night on the town.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
Got Stout? (173) - Wisconsin, USA - APR 18, 2001
UPDATED: APR 4, 2005 With my stunted vocabulary joined with a refined palate, it leaves me incredibly frustrated coming across a beer like this. I absolutely loved the complexity and chewy goodness, but I cannot describe it! Figs, pine, chocolate, ashes... They play chess in my mouth. Drink of the God(s)!!!

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Blatz King (150) - Whitewater, Wisconsin, USA - APR 9, 2001
This beer is a good one. Very dark and chocolately after taste. Comes in pretty half gallon glass jugs. Straight from Chilton Wisconsin.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
Beer Wench99 (1) - Beer Maids Heaven, Wisconsin, USA - APR 9, 2001 does not count
I liked this beer very much. This is my first beer that was not an American macro. Very good on draught.