Calumet Pilsner
     click to upload
overall

RATINGS: 13   MEAN: 3.36/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.29   ABV: -
Premium pale beer, similar to the Bohemian pilsner style, but sweeter and heavier in body. The taste is more malty and less hoppy with smooth undertones. This recipe is near and dear to the Brewer's heart, it was his father's recipe, a 1950 Coal miner from West Virginia. It has been changed ever so slightly to meet today's standard of brewing.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Skyview (5109) - Papoose Jct, Minnesota, USA - APR 17, 2007
Fourth stop during Wisconsin Trip #2 and one of 11 brews offered at this small town brewpub. Pours a light pale yellow brew with a short lived foam head. Very good lacing. Aromas picked up are light barley malt, bananas, a touch of pineapple and flowery hops. Taste is sweet, medium body with a clean finish.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
BCAR (221) - Naperville, Illinois, USA - OCT 11, 2005
Wasn’t expecting much, but was pleasantly surprised. For such a light brew, it had ample flavor. Sweet nose. Light hop presence. Good for a hot day.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
DavidP (1746) - Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - AUG 9, 2005
Butterscotch aroma. Less candy in the flavor - it’s replaced with dry cracker malt and leafy hops. Bitter finish with a touch of butterscotch.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
1FastSTi (3282) - Glendale, Wisconsin, USA - AUG 6, 2005
Pours to a golden body with tons of visible carbonation. The aroma has a butterscotch and honey flavors. Subtle leafy hops. I also notice the strange sweetness present in most of the beers due to the lager yeast that is the same throughout them. The palate is matched to the style. Something about this isn’t appealing.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
StewardofGondor (1934) - Washington Heights - Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - JUN 26, 2005
Clear pale yellow in color with a dissipating creamy white head. Nice crisp lemon aroma. Good refreshing quaff. Pale and bitter, but crisp and not over the top. Grainy, musky and starchy feel, some dry grass and pine. A good pils.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
JCapriotti (1379) - Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - MAY 22, 2005
No head, yellow body. Good hop balance.. more Czech/German-type hops, that seem a bit green and fresh. Quite like the Kolsh, but a bit sweeter and the hops seem fresher.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
TheDean (786) - MIlwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - MAY 28, 2004
This was one of the Calumet beers I didn’t care for that much. Luckily it was the first one I drank. Still a good beer, just not on the same levels as some of the other Calumet ales.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Blatz King (150) - Whitewater, Wisconsin, USA - MAR 23, 2004
I went to my home town the other night and there was noone out that I knew. So instead of hanging with the hicks in Cheers I got the idea to hit up my good friend Bob Rowland for a couple of brews, since he was the only person in any of the bars in chilton that I actually new. I had to try this beer because this girl sitting next to me had some and she wanted me to try it, so I did. It was good for the most part. It had a lot more taste than say bud light, or milwaukee's best light, or something like that. I was a beautiful golden color and tasted a bit sweet. Bob wanted me to try some of his other beers, but I was kind of getting tipsy, so I said, "No Bob, It's Ok, I will be back later. I don't want to drive too drunk tonight." I hate Chilton hicks, especially all the old ones who hang out at cheers and drink shitty bud light. Well I guess it's like I always say, "I would rather drink good beer than hang out with stupid hicks who drink bud light at Cheers." Bob you rock!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
argo0 (11181) - Washington DC, USA - JUL 2, 2003
Clear yellow with small off-white head. Aroma is mild sweet, grassy. Taste is mild sweet, medium grassy, finishes lightish grassy bitter. Light/medium body. Great summer beer!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Terminus (3146) - Las Cruces, New Mexico, USA - APR 28, 2003
ahh, yes, the classic pilsner. This is a more malty beer of the style as the desription says. also, the grassy-ness is also very strong, almost too strong. nonetheless, this would make a great beer on a hot Wisconsin july day!