overall
Brewed by Cantillon
Style: Lambic Style - Unblended
Brussels, Belgium

RATINGS: 1049   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.67   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
A classic, specially selected single batch of lambic, aged three years in the cask. The only unblended real lambic you can find anywhere.

DISCLAIMER: this entry stores the ratings for both the "Cantillon Bruocsella" no mather whether itís organic or not.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Maddog (462) - Kettering, Ohio, USA - FEB 8, 2006
Sometimes, when Belgians disappoint, we donít like to admit it. But, then maybe the the expectations are just too darn high. Mine for this beer were sky high, I was then disappointed, then when I sat back and thought, I realized it was still a good beer. Very, very soft with soft oak and soft grapefruit. This Belgian was still. But overall, it had a very good flavor with very light sour notes. For a Grand Cru aged 3 years in oak..... I would rather have bought a Rodenbach for 5 bucks cheaper.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
Hopistotle420 (1178) - Amherst, Massachusetts, USA - FEB 5, 2006
Draught @ The Moan & Dove, as well as bottled: Pours a golden onion skinned liquor hue. Great stinky funk nose, band-aid, ribber band, horse blanket, sour funk yo. We need the funk, gotta have the funk. This is near perfection as far as I am concerned. This is lambic what it is all about. Draught version is also quite delicous. Is there anything better than Cantillon?

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
clingman71 (297) - Centerville, Ohio, USA - FEB 5, 2006
Bottle. The recent availability of Rodenbach Grand Cru has opened me to try other Belgian GCs. This had great promise to me from the info card at the store and the advise of the beer guy there. It poured fairly clear and with little head for a belgian, but so did the Rodenbach, maybe this is with the GC style. The color was a soft peach and the aroma was very good, although I am not sure how to accurately describe it, there is something different, something special about the aroma of Belgians. But, the flavor , while good, tart and twangy, was lacking a little. It was like it had good flavor but not enough of it. The flavor was too recessed, too subtle. I understand that they canít all be as in your face as the Rodenbach, but this was a little too far the other way.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
bfeldmann (1049) - Wilmington, Delaware, USA - JAN 5, 2006
"am not sure how to rate this one. Am not a fan of the style so this rating will suffer. This beer twisted my tounge, so sour, no carbonation. no head."

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
CamdenD (1118) - Madrid, SPAIN - DEC 31, 2005
Tasted like beer vomit. Acidic and almost undrinkable. Almost. Had it on tap and well, I suppose I could make a tap of this too. Feed me too much beer, let me vomit into tank, pressurize tank, put tap on, serve. You get more "Grand Cru." My Grand Cru!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Lubiere (11225) - Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA - DEC 11, 2005
2002 Bottle. Golden lambic with no head. Nice sour aroma with notes of honey. Restrained sourness in mouth, with light horseblanket notes. Light bodied. Nice puckering effect. Sampled at Quintessence Cantillon 2005.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
SuIIy (1983) - Burlington, Vermont, USA - DEC 4, 2005
750ml bottle from Puzzl. Pours a beautiful orangish color, as if a mango imploded inside the glass, very minimal white foamy head. Nose is very fresh, nice hints of fruit, some grass and outdoorsy notes. Flavors of ripe fruit, nice and juicy, some yeast, hay, grass, and a smooth clean finish.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
joshuah (37) - Ferndale, Michigan, USA - DEC 3, 2005
Shared with SuIIy, pours out beautifully. Appearance is of a poured mango, very beautiful. Taste is delicous, very sour and delicous. My first unblended lambic, and I am a big fan. Thankyou my bestfriend SuIIy, much love.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
ontario102 (794) - Boise, Idaho, USA - NOV 25, 2005
Bottled 02/2005: Murky body and virtually flat; corky, sour, fruity aroma with hints of oak, peaches and plums, some funky attic mustiness; disarmingly sour, initially, musty medicinal fruitiness reminiscent of sour Granny Smith apples marinated in Listerine; the finish is better than the initial taste, with lemon, and yeast, but the sourness just overwhelms the palate; astringent and acidic, of course, and something one must grow accustomed to, apparently.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 17/20
Walt (2449) - Austin, Texas, USA - NOV 24, 2005
Pour is hazy orangey amber with a still appearance and no head...smell is sour and funky which I expected...taste is slightly sour with lots of apple...I donít think this is as refreshing as a regular lambic due to the stillness...interesting though...