overall
Brewed by Cantillon
Style: Lambic Style - Fruit
Brussels, Belgium

RATINGS: 1336   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.79   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Cantillon is the brewer of Belgium’s most authentic lambic. This kriek 100% lambic is blended lambic beer brewed with cherries.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
strings (377) - Sydney, AUSTRALIA - OCT 13, 2006
Bottle from Delerium cafe. Always amazing stuff! Didnít think it was possible, but even sourer than I remembered from my last taste at the brewery in 2002

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
RCL (2030) - Waltham, Massachusetts, USA - OCT 12, 2006
Iíve had a lambic or two before, but that first sip is still a shock to me. Iíd be lying if I said this was my favorite style, I can appreciate it but I donít really enjoy it all that much. It does seem like the acidity in this one over-powers the rest of the flavors a bit, and this is coming from someone who was just eating sour-straw candies earlier today. Perhaps it just needs to be paired with food. On its own itís a bit overwhelming. I do not foresee myself having another one of these anytime soon.

1.3
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 2/20
Stefano (1886) - Thisted, DENMARK - OCT 3, 2006
Extreme vinegar sourness! And when you lift your glass, those odors get closer! I hadnít counted on that. Some cherries in the background, but completely smothered by rancid vinegar, refluxed stomach acid, and that overbearing sourness. Very sour finish.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Nel (180) - Virginia, USA - OCT 2, 2006
This beer deserves at least a semblance of a preface. This is like no beer that I have ever had before, and I was not prepared for the flavors that the beer had in store for me. I feel humbled and out of place making this rating to such a point that I am in fact doubtful whether or not I should rate it at all. This beer, while still possessing the basic characteristics of a beer had the personality of a fine wine. It pours out a high opacity ruby red. Smells of cherry, citrus, and light alcohol. It tastes of tart cherry, lime juice, and I think I detect "at least in spirit" perrier. As I tried to explain earlier, I have no experience discussing any of the flavors in this beer to any meaningful extent, but I still hope that this rating is helpful. I can certainly ascertain that this beer will be an acquired taste to some, but to others will seem to amount to an old glove feeling. The disparity, I believe, will be determined by how familair one is with wine and itís eccentricities. A talent, which still eludes me. An excellent effort, and absolutely a trek into the unknown for this rater.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
AskForJenny (1024) - Ontario, New York, USA - SEP 30, 2006
Cherry red, big surprise, in color. Tastes like an incrediblly acidic cabernet franc. Felt like drinking a science project. Not for me.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
beerledgend (1197) - Waterloo, Wellington, NEW ZEALAND - SEP 29, 2006
Bright pink/red in colour small strawberry coloured head. Mld cherry flavour, not as sour as the Rose but still an an aquired tatse.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Glouglouburp (6104) - Montreal, Quebec, CANADA - SEP 27, 2006
UPDATED: DEC 19, 2007 Almost clear light-red with a short lived pinky-white head. Medium-high level of acidity. A lot less sour than the cherry aroma suggests. I know I was supposed to taste cherries but for some reason to me this tasted more like raspberries without the sugar. A worthy one although not the best of its kind. I always find it hard to leave a good beer store without being able to bring everything with me. But being at Cantillon brewery surrounded by thousands of bottles and being served beer by the brewer himself was something else. They had to call the firemen to get me out of there. Another good product from a top notch brewery.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
bask (305) - Leuven, BELGIUM - SEP 24, 2006
Unclear reddish hue, no head. Yeasty aroma, little sugar. Strong sour yeasty flavour, fruity. Dry beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
punkrkr27 (903) - Berkley, Michigan, USA - SEP 24, 2006
Bottle dated 2004. Clear burgundy pour with minimal, fast fading, effervescnet head. Sour aroma with tart cherries. Initial hay flavor, yeasty, sour grass. Fades quickly to very strong tart cherries that last and coat the mouth. Light body, sharp carbonation and a very dry finish.

MesandSim (7118) - London, Greater London, ENGLAND - SEP 14, 2006
A Mes rate: 37.5cl bottle from The White Horse. Standard Cantillon fayre but compared with most others that means very good indeed. I will refrain from going on about barns and horses and dry fruitiness. You know what this beer is about. Not as tart as some of their offerings but just as enjoyable and always a cracker. Certainly a fine kriek.