Brewed by Cantillon
Style: Lambic Style - Fruit
Brussels, Belgium

RATINGS: 1434   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.8/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Cantillon is the brewer of Belgium’s most authentic lambic. This kriek 100% lambic is blended lambic beer brewed with cherries.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
yespr (37013) - Copenhagen O, DENMARK - MAY 29, 2007
CBF07 sample from bottle at the RB table. Pours hazy pink with a white lacing. Aroma is sour and fruity. Flavour is very bitter and dry. Finish is dry berries.

drewbeerme (3915) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - MAY 28, 2007
UPDATED: JAN 2, 2008 375ml bottle, no date. poured into my new lindemans flute i got for $1 at a thrift store. pours clear red with beige head. nose is sour, funky, sour cherries, lots of oak. oh a real nice nose. flavor is very oaky, bret, subtle sour and tart cherries. medium acidity. not very fruity but my ideal of a kriek. palate isnít very long or flavorful but the sour notes stick for a while. a palate adjuster for sure. others may want more cherries but iím not much of a kriek man so this does the job as a funky sour lambic for sure while being very drinkable. i really donít get why this is rated this low, a cantillon kriek, come on!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
MPA (866) - Amager (form. NÝrrebro&Aalborg), DENMARK - MAY 26, 2007
Bottle. Red copper with white head. Aroma of berries, apples and a little touch of cellar. Flavour of sweet berries and a fruity sourness with a touch of apples and citrus fruits.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
cbkschubert (2900) - BFE, Arizona, USA - MAY 25, 2007
12 oz. bottle from Plaza Liquor - Pours a slightly hazy red color with a thin bubbly head that didnít last long. Aroma is sour whatever! Typical Lambic. Flavor is very sour and bitter fruit (berry). Light body. I canít believe I payed almost $8 for this beer. Do these beers get better with age? Maybe a generation or two?

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
JMFG (1587) - Florida, USA - MAY 21, 2007
UPDATED: FEB 10, 2009 2001 bottle courtesy boboski. Light scarlet color with a wispy white head. Mildly sweet funk aroma that isnít particularly strong. Feathery palate. Bludgeoning tartness, followed by some residual sweetness. Quite aggressive. Itís taking me way longer to appreciate the fruit lambics vs gueuzes.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
mazfln (116) - Florianůpolis, BRAZIL - MAY 21, 2007
Red translucent appearance, small white head. It is of course a very different kind of beer, but I really liked it. Very sour, less sweet than I expected. It was very nice with some chocolate. I would love to have it more often, and am very curious to try it without fruit in it.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
DragonStout (1408) - Pickerington, Ohio, USA - MAY 21, 2007
Pours a clear red with a small pink head.the aroma knocks me over, sourness with vinegar notes.Flavor was funky , sour cherries.it will take time for me to really enjoy this.It did mellow out by the time I finished but was still sour dominant.

Quake1028 (633) - Tampa, Florida, USA - MAY 20, 2007
Let me relate a story to you about myself and lambics. About 3 months into my RB venture, I encountered a Cantillon Lou Pepe Framboise at a gathering. I had heard of it, and good things at that, so I went over and poured myself a glass. I wasnít nearly prepared for what I was about to smell. In fact, the smell was so overpowering that I could only take one sip before I had to pour the rest out. That smell stayed with me the rest of the night, and for weeks to come. I convinced myself that I would never, ever, EVER like lambics. No sir, not me. Fast forward to the next gathering. I saw this one in the cooler, and got a bit of a knot in my stomach. However, this time I had about 2 more months and about 100 more beers on my palate. I also had about 15 beers in me to this point. I was feeling good. Brave. I was going to conquer this lambic thing, once and for all. I couldnít fail, right?

Pours a light red body with a very small, pink head. Aroma is overpowering, but this time I was ready for it, and welcomed it. This time I was able to pick out some other notes, sure the sour cherry dominated, but also got some vanilla and spices on the nose. Now it was time to drink it. This was my personal day of reckoning, my judgment day. I took in a nice sized amount, and was immediately hit with overpowering sourness, and acidity. Rolled to the back of the tongue, prepared for the worst, and swallowed. The finish was mouth puckering, as acidic and sour as anything I have ever tasted in my life....and damn was it GOOD. So good in fact that I went back for a second pour. I had done it, I had conqured the beast. I have seen the top of the mountain, and it is good. Now, whereís that Lou Pepe Framboise? Him and I have some talking to do.....

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
mgumby10 (1856) - Jupiter, Florida, USA - MAY 20, 2007
Pours a light orangish red with almost no head at all. It has that unmistakable Cantillon funky acidity aroma. You get some cherry, but it is drowned out by the sourness. I know I should be expecting it, but the first sip makes my cheeks pucker up and I get a wierd look on my face. Everyone laughs..and points. The taste, as usual is of monster sourness, with mild fruity flavors. This brewery isnt for kids.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Theis (14659) - Frederiksberg, DENMARK - MAY 18, 2007
Bottle at KÝbenhavnske ōldage 2007. Unclear red - light pink head. Sour - sour, acid, cherry, vinegar, soft, juicy, citrus, high high dryness. This is again a top-good cantillon, and just what I need after some boring thin light beers !!