overall
Brewed by Cantillon
Style: Lambic Style - Fruit
Brussels, Belgium

RATINGS: 460   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.96   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Macération de fleurs de sureau dans un lambic de 2 ans d’âge. Cuillette effectuée par l’équipe Cantillon.

traPISSED (102) - São Paulo, BRAZIL - MAY 31, 2010
UPDATED: MAY 2, 2011 75cl Bottle at home. Zwanze 2009. HUGE thanks to Anker for this!!! I had very big expectations for this one and I was not disappointed. The aroma is pure elderflower with not much funk and the appearance is light like a gueuze. This cantillon has lots of carbonation! The taste is very full on with the elderflower and there is only a small amount of funk in there. I have tried a few of these now and the longer they have aged the better they have become. I would imagine this will be truly wonderful in 5-10 years. The perfect 5 is for the Zwanze 2009. The mamouche would score about 4.4 for me. I have tried them side by side and the older 2009 had a much fuller elderflower profile dispite being the older beer. I think that a bit more elderflower was used to make the Zwanze which for me made the superior beer and the perfect 5

77ships (3573) - Antwerpen, BELGIUM - JUL 23, 2011
UPDATED: MAY 3, 2014 2010 Vintage bottle: hazy orange with a white head, smell is a lot of elderflowers & actually reminds me of a Swedish wild berries jam, I once used to eat, minor grapefruit, other flowers, yeast, taste is loads of elderflowers, somewhat sweet, incredibly funky, minor barnyard funk, wild yeast, some wheat, hint of salt in the finish, tart citrus, slightly herbal, overall sweet & tart, loads of elderflowers, surprising amount of carbonation, there is nothing like this, tried 3 different bottles of the same vintage that were present/// 25 cl. draft @ Chez Moeder Lambic: wow, even better than the vintage version, very tart but not quite sour with lots more flowers but most important of all, lots of white pepper in the finish which adds the perfect balance for this beer, lifting it up to solitary heights //// been having this years Mamouche 2012 some bottles sampled plus draft - smell like green peppers and coleslaw but very heavy, pure vegetables - taste is that with some of flowers in the back - crazy interesting - draft is same but more tuned down 2013 // still young, once again lots of green bellpepper, kimchi, saurkraut, barn, bit more restraint this time around, still very extremely lovely, more balance actually with a lot of lemon to balance the whole, the huge lemon note dominates the whole, different but extremely nice still, mmm I adore this beer //////////////////////// Another bottle drank, 2013 Vintage, sooo good, this is easily one of my favourite beers, might be a future 5 /////////////// This is a 5 now

cortomaltese (13) - , ITALY - NOV 9, 2011
One of my favourite beers!!!!Sambuco is well present with intense aroma and taste.Definitely a very good beer.

maneliquor (3002) - Perth, AUSTRALIA - JUL 12, 2013
UPDATED: JUN 20, 2014 Bottle from Mane Liquor. Aged in cellar for about 2 years. Pours clear yellow with a very sticky white head leaving great lacing and amazing retention. Nose shows heavy lemon and light floral notes with shortbread, spice and heavy funk. Smells like its going to be pretty funky and sour. Didn’t disappoint. Great sourness to this one. Very complex. Floral notes, apricot, lemon, bread, lemon cake, tropical juice, earthy. Wow. Could drink the whole bottle myself if I wanted too. Perfect beer

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
BoostIPA (1198) - Pouring Bus, New York, USA - FEB 4, 2012
Draft @ blue monk. Pours a hazy light amber. Nose of pure funk, earth, lemon, flowers. Taste is... sublime. Sour, funky, earthy, bone dry. Amazing. Wild!

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Ludvig (114) - Stockholm, SWEDEN - OCT 9, 2012
UPDATED: MAY 5, 2014 There is a reason why I love this beer so much! Firstly, I love Cantillon and the taste they manage to get in their beer. but at number two is the love of my childhood, when I was little, I got elderflower juice very often. My beloved father makes the best! and when you mix two of the best things available it sometimes becomes absolutely brilliant! that’s how it was when i tasted Mamouche for the first time! Then there is also the Zwanze 2009, it did not have the same flavor and lovely elderflower aroma! there was someone in the group whom i shared the bottle (at Moeder Lambic) talking about jalapeños which meant that I could not stop thinking about it. of course without the hotness, yet a clear taste of green chilies.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
DarkSideOfBeer (42) - Padova, ITALY - DEC 2, 2012
Drinked in bottle at Cantillon Brasserie. Elderflowers play a fundamental role, really rich aroma,full gold color, heavy-nice sour taste, one of best Cantillon

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
DoublEE (784) - South Euclid, Ohio, USA - JAN 14, 2013
Simply put, delicious. There is a white pepper taste along with the elderflowers which actually taste Green still. I was thinking the elderflower taste may have calmed down a little but it is still potent after a year in the bottle and creates a green apple pucker. Herbal brett, lacto other lambic style sour notes come together well and play perfectly with the flowers. I was not expecting to like this as much as I am right now.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
DanielBrown (3715) - Birmingham (via Leicester), West Midlands, ENGLAND - FEB 15, 2013
Bottle from dommod. Utterly delicious. Sunshiney, fresh, citric, floral, sour, immense. You could drink this all Jaar.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Dommod2011 (698) - Birmingham, West Midlands, ENGLAND - FEB 16, 2013
Lovely. Fresh as a spring day. Bish was right, I want to drink this slowly, on a summer day, in the garden, with the children laughing and my feet up. As great as I hoped it would be. Delicious.