Brewed by Cantillon
Style: Lambic Style - Fruit
Brussels, Belgium

RATINGS: 1012   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.03/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Aged in oaken Bordeaux wine barrels with merlot grapes.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
jhagmar (114) - Gothenburg, SWEDEN - JAN 6, 2008
Bottle. Thanks to ekstedt. Reddish pink with a light, white head. Smell of gastric acid, grapes, sulphur. Intensely sour, very dry.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Styles (2014) - Lincoln Park, Michigan, USA - JAN 2, 2008
Courtesy of Pailhead. July í06. Bright red, chill haze, no head. Huge sour/tart kick up front, mouth puckering w/o taking a sip. Tart grapes and huge woody tannins in the background. Flavor again, very sour up front, faint grape and lacto. Through the middle develops a nice balance of sour/tart/wood tannin. Sort of 1 dimensional in a way, but I like it.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
ba2008 (25) - USA - JAN 2, 2008
Pours an amazing deep pink-red, with a very mild head on top. Nose is quite sour, a little sweet fruit too. Taste is similar; this beer is incredibly sour, a hint of sweet raspberry deliciousness as well, but overall a quite not-sweet beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Adenila (1560) - DENMARK - JAN 1, 2008
Stunning deep red look with an almost pink head. Aroma is heavy eartheren dusty along with sour rubberlike wild fermentation and minor sweet almost cherry like fruitness. Heavy sour flavor towards tart, with only minor notes of fruity grapes. Is acctually very simular to the vignerone imo. I still enjoyed the entire bottle though.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
sthlm (1283) - Duluth, Minnesota, USA - DEC 20, 2007
[Bottle] Pours hazy red with no head. Aroma is very funky, quite tart, and then grapes. Taste is is the same with the sourness coming through more as expected. Finish is a bit dry. An enjoyable beer, but it really didnít separate itself from other fruit lambics Iíve had.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Maria (10213) - Thisted, DENMARK - DEC 11, 2007
The color is like raspberry juice and the head is nice and pink. The aroma has notes of barnyard, sweat, basement and wine. The flavour has notes of moderately sour grapes, sweat and basement. Iím not fond of this style. 2406

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
islay (2276) - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - DEC 2, 2007
Small serving during 11-30-07 tasting at the Lex-Larp Cellars as I joined joet and the Twin Cities crew. Poured from a 750 mL bottle. Strong, funky smell that reminds me of cow manure or baby poop. I did get used to it after several sips, but Iím not going to pretend I like it. If it hadnít become significantly less bad upon sipping, I might have given the aroma a 1. Here at RateBeer, we rate on a hedonistic scale, and the aroma by no means brought me pleasure. I donít care if thatís what itís supposed to smell like; it smells horrible. Pours a hazy red with a pink-hued light-colored head. Sour, dry, tart taste with some subdued sweetness. Flavors of crabapple, apple, lemon, and tonic water. Long, strong, tart aftertaste. Medium body. Soft in the palate. The rest of the beer more than makes up for the awful reek. If you try this beer, I highly recommend plugging your nose.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
tennisjoel (1377) - Rochester, Minnesota, USA - DEC 1, 2007
Sampled at Cellars in St. Paul, MN. Thanks Brewfiend for opening this before I had to leave! Milkman Dan warned us that this beer smelled like Cow Manure, but tasted heavenly. I must admit, it has a weird aroma that I donít particularly care for, although I donít think itís as bad as my sonís dirty diapers. Pink color with some carbonation. Flavor is somewhat tart and winelike with some oakiness and some berry flavors. As with most lambics, the sour seems to overtake the flavor, so I just donít understand why many consider this to be great. I would agree with good, but not great. I think I preferred the faro (Chapeau) over this. Oh well.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Skyview (5696) - Papoose Jct, Minnesota, USA - DEC 1, 2007
Sampled at Cellarís Wine & Spirits in St Paul, MN. Pours a hazy bluish red amber brew with a fizzy light pink head that has good retention. Aroma of spritzy red grapes, oak, tart raisin, and more barnyard funk. taste is spritzy, medium bodied, with a sour red grape and pitted dark berry flavor. Finish is slightly dry with a lingering tart grape aftertaste. Quite the fruit lambic.

Alldaydrinker (559) - Norwood, Massachusetts, USA - NOV 30, 2007
Cantillon Friday Night Tasting Session, Providence RI
Pours a red plum colour and light pink coloured head. Nose of grapes, red wine, wood, and acidity. Initial taste of red wine, vinous fruits and a fizzy mouthfeel. Wood is apparent when moving into the finish. Sourness lingers for an excellent duration. Finishing dry which didnt draw away from the duration. Very drinkable.