overall
Brewed by Cerveceria La Constancia (SABMiller)
Style: Pale Lager
San Salvador, El Salvador

RATINGS: 123   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.53   EST. CALORIES: 111   ABV: 3.7%

1.4
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
jdpeebs (687) - Sydney, AUSTRALIA - JUL 29, 2012
bottle- A very bland beer, in the same vain as corona, drinkable on a hot day ,just.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
KeefOz (941) - Tarragindi, AUSTRALIA - JUL 14, 2012
Poured a clear golden colour with no head. Low carbonation. Aroma - what aroma? Taste bland. Thin body. Another poor example of a commercially made lager!

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
BlackHaddock (3905) - Shropshire, ENGLAND - MAY 11, 2012
What is a cheap four pack of lager from El Salvador doing on a supermarket shelf in rural Shropshire? Waiting for a mug like me to buy it I suppose. There must be more people drinking beers from around the world than I thought. The first bottle (355ml clear) didn’t touch the sides. I had been gardening and then chopping and sawing wood. I needed the preverbial ’lawnmower beer’, this fitted my requirement perfectly. A beer for the sweaty man, not for a beer lover. I detected no aroma, or taste, just a wet substance that was fizzy. I thought this unfair and poured a second bottle into a Hoegaarden Grand Cru stemmed tulip glass. what I saw was the same pale urine coloured liquid, but this time with a good looking white foam head. Sadly the head fell away leaving bits of its self on the side of the glass and an intermitant covering over the beer. I give an average score of 3 for all lager/pilsners in the smelling stakes unless there is something extra, or nasty to report. This gets the 3, an aroma of rice and wheat may have been there, but the bottle claims malted barley is used, it is obviously an aromaless variety. Taste etc was thin, weak and with a Corona type feel to it, a burping beer because it is so gassy. I will not be rushing back to the store for more, but it does help me in my quest to drink beers from as many different countries as I can.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
delboyz (2) - AUSTRALIA - MAR 26, 2012 does not count
Warning! This is the worst beer I have tasted in a long time, no flavour at all, I joined this website to warn beer drinkers off this product. I foolishly bought a carton for $40.00 thinking it would be similar to a Corona, big mistake. This beer(?) comes from El Salvador; they should keep it there.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
M_Jager (106) - AUSTRALIA - MAR 17, 2012
Nothing different from Corona or Sol. Didn’t really expect anything more anyway so wasn’t disappointed.

0.8
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
maneliquor (3156) - Perth, AUSTRALIA - JAN 6, 2012
Kind of like corona. Maybe it’s corona re-packaged. I’m not sure but it’s pretty pale and awful

1.4
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
Brigadier (3015) - Clevelandish, Ohio, USA - DEC 21, 2011
12 ounce bottle
Even if I were on a beach in the tropics I could think of better things to drink than this mess. This might be worse than virtually every macro on the shelf in any grocery store. The clear bottle does not favors; if it were up to me this would be sold in a black container to hide the contents as long as possible. Unless you need an El Salvador tick I’d pass.

Aroma / Appearance - A generic golden body looks more like watery apple juice than beer. Flat and lifeless it bores even the glass it is sitting in. Wet dogs rolling in damp leaves stick to the senses in a bad way. Grainy and cheap this is a total mess.

Flavor / Palate - Bland, watery, and dull the only saving grace of this beer is the fact that it fades as soon as it hits the palate. That means you can easily forget the disaster you just drank. In fact even after a case you’d be hard pressed to explain what you just consumed. Trying beers like this is a good reminder of what craft beer offers in contrast.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 9/20
Neptunius777 (38) - AUSTRALIA - DEC 20, 2011
355 ml bottle poured into a 250mL Leffe glass. thin body , pale yellow. aroma was metallic , soapy , grassy. thin head , flimsy and rapidly diminishing. the palate was an overpowering sense of carbonation. any taste present was dominated by the pop-rock sensation of the exaggerated fizz. Would i class this as a beer? Or perhaps a bad tasting mineral water.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 6/20
ralphdot (988) - Billingham, Durham, ENGLAND - NOV 30, 2011
4.5%, pale gold, no head, no aroma, very fizzy, has a lack of taste like some other Central American lagers, it was a gift, never bought it and never will.

1.3
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 3/20
Fratto (2626) - Arlington, Texas, USA - JUN 15, 2011
Bottle from the Fort Worth Central Market. Pale yellow pour with a big white head. Aroma is sweet and grainy with maybe a little corn. Taste is deinite corn, sweet, and metallic.