RATINGS: 264   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.32/5   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 162   ABV: 5.4%
A pleasingly warming beer with it’s amber hue showing off it’s rich malt heritage. Mildly bittered with a smooth hop flavor complementing the malt. Winter Skal makes a person welcome the onslaught of the cold. Available November through January.
2014 vintage - 5.8% abv

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Mrthirstyneck (341) - Minnesota, USA - JUN 16, 2008
drank this a while ago. I remeber it being fairly smooth. Drinkable for sure. Poured a light amber color with a white head, aroma was pleasing. Some hops but not a ton. I enjoyed this beer but didn’t blow me away!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Gurst (338) - Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA - MAR 12, 2005
UPDATED: APR 12, 2005 A truly complex beer. Each sip goes through a myriad of flavor stages. A distinct roasted flavor and the thin red-amber color give this away as a winter seasonal, but what truly stands out is its intricate aftertaste. Going from roasted, to tangy and mellow, and then to slightly sweet and crisp, this beer packs in a bewildering amount of taste, although nothing stands out in paticular besides the roast. The taste is disarmingly nice, faints hints of everything, but nothing overpowering. A distinct treat.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
tomxcs (321) - California, USA - FEB 2, 2004
UPDATED: DEC 24, 2005 Translucent amber color with quickly dissipating white head. Somewhat piney & malty aroma, although weak. Moderate hoppy taste with a decent amount of bitterness, a little too carbonated for my tastes. Overall, good & drinkable. One of the better Capital brews.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
bbrock81 (314) - Le Mars, Iowa, USA - NOV 30, 2003
An excellent, fairly mild spice flavor, much less imposing than the other winter beers I've had, and probably my favorite of the bunch.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
WickerBrew (311) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - DEC 10, 2007
I love winter seasonals, but this doesnt measure up in my book. Not quite as smooth as I was expecting - although still quite smooth. Could use a little more spiciness, but maybe thats not the goal here. I think for winter beers I like it when the brewer goes all out.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
keoki182 (305) - West Bend, Wisconsin, USA - DEC 29, 2006
This was my second beer of the night at West Bend’s Riverside Brewpub, and I really don’t remember much of it. I wasn’t drunk, just that it’s pretty nondeScript. I recall an amber hue with thin offwhite lacings on top of the beer. A little hoppy spiciness, but overall dominated by malts. It was tasty enough, but ultimately quite forgettable.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
cblado (298) - Washington, USA - DEC 15, 2007
12 oz bottle. Pours a light amber color. Light malty aroma, almost fruity. Unobtrusive grassy, almond flavor, spicy as it goes down. My first experience with a Capital Brewery Seasonal.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
Gmku (296) - Iowa City, Iowa, USA - JUN 7, 2005
Great winter brew. Love the toasty, slightly woody flavor. Sometimes it tastes a bit like cherry to me. Clean finish and rather simple but very enjoyable.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
BeerInHeaven (291) - Brillion, Wisconsin, USA - FEB 21, 2014
pours a slightly murky copper with a medium off white head. Some wispy lacing. definite biscuit with some grass aroma. Really smooth clean taste with some bitterness on the end. A little hop presence on the finish. Nicely balanced drinkable brew.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
MaltOne (288) - Wisconsin, USA - DEC 1, 2012
On tap @ Siver Creek. (11/30). Pours a light, warm copper. No noticeable head or even residual foam. Faint aroma of bready yeast and even fainter, hops. Hops is the first thing to hit the tonque, followed by a mellowing malt; hints of cumin and pepper. Flavors linger nicely on the tonque. Medium body. Overall - very drinkable.