Capitol City Biere de Garde

Capitol City Biere de Garde
     click to upload
overall
Serve in Stem glass, Tulip

RATINGS: 26   MEAN: 3.22/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.13   EST. CALORIES: 225   ABV: 7.5%

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
blank (996) - Austin, Texas, USA - APR 27, 2005
intresting... a cloudy dark yellow/orange. The guy with the cigar next door killed any chance of getting an aroma. The taste was intresting and took me a few tries before I good figure out what i was drinking. A little sweet with a touch of citrus. Ok..

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
beaconstreet (811) - Washington DC, USA - JUL 24, 2006
Somewhat spicy, wafty on the nostrils. Hefty in appearance. One will probably do for this beer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Wakie (612) - Centreville, Virginia, USA - APR 27, 2005
A pleasant little surprise from the folks at Cap City. Slightly sweet with just a twinge of hop at the very end.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 7/20
Crash (531) - Macomb, Illinois, USA - OCT 3, 2005
GABF 2005: Pours yellowish with no head or lacing. I didn’t find much aroma in this beer. The taste was pretty much not there also. This may have been a light beer that was killed by others.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
newbrewguy (145) - Mechanicsville, Maryland, USA - FEB 5, 2008
Didn’t realize "Biere de Garde" was it’s own style when I tried this, it was recommended by the bartender at the VA location. Poured a medium golden color, and a great spicy aroma as well as a great spiced flavor, I really enjoyed this beer.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
brewersspot (97) - , California, USA - OCT 28, 2010
I had this beer a while back and from what I can remember I enjoyed it. I’ve had this at the pub/brewery so it was fresh. Nothing special about it is popping into my head at the moment.