overall

RATINGS: 275   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.49   EST. CALORIES: 168   ABV: 5.6%
One of the first beers I brewed after moving out to California to begin my brewing education was a Pale Ale. This version is a true testament to the influences the Wild West had on my early brewing. My Pale Ale is loaded with US-grown Cascade, Crystal, and Columbus hops, so be sure to take a good sniff to enjoy their robust aromas before taking your first sip. Sensory Profile: An aromatic beer with notes of citrus, pine, a noticeable bitterness, and a touch of malty backbone to help balance it out. Food Pairing: Foods with a spicy kick are a great match, as the bitterness of the hops will help to cool the palate before your next bite. Mexican food and pizza are natural matches.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
TuckahoeJoe (12) - Tuckahoe, New York, USA - DEC 23, 2006
This is a truly great American Ale. It’s complex with plenty of malt which is cut perfectly with a mutitude of hops. It looks good--a deep gold with some orange color. Smells great---big flowery citrus comes through the fresh malt scent. And the taste is fantastic--Full with a nice slightly bitter bite, but no bitter aftertaste. It was great with the Tai food I had and it would go well with a steak no matter how much A-1 sauce you try to ruin it with! Captain Lawrence is a great new brewery located in Westchester County NY, and many local restaurants are picking it up as well as a few now in NYC.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
LKay (109) - Maryland, USA - MAY 19, 2013
A very bold, flavorful and boastful beer that is a pale ale, but represents itself as an IPA.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
13Mikes (18) - New York, USA - AUG 18, 2011
This is my second Captain Lawrence beer, and so far I have to say I am quite impressed with what I have had tasted (also had their brown ale, which ranks on the top of my list of browns). I am not always a big fan of pales ales and I find they tend to vary widely in their flavor. This was a well balanced beer, leaning to the malty side over the hoppiness. I had it at a work dinner. btw.../my mushroom raviolli was also awesome. And it was all made better by the fact that I was not the one paying. I only wish 2of13 could have been there to join me. ~1 of 13

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
JB175 (1665) - Bucks County, Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 25, 2007
UPDATED: FEB 2, 2008 After a long car ride up to the brewery this was the first beer I tried - Nice golden amber with a refreshing aroma of light pine and citrus plus malty sweetness. Taste had a smooth malt backing to go with a pleasant hop flavor of citrus, grass, and pine. Everything an APA should be.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
BakerStMuse (19) - USA - MAR 12, 2008
On tap. Powerful aroma, robust and bitter flavor, very drinkable. Pine and hops. Thoroughly enjoyable.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
olliejobbins (727) - Surrey, ENGLAND - APR 29, 2013
22oz bottle. not really much to say but i love this. extremely fruity and very refreshing. excellent.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
apoptosis (1317) - Denver, Colorado, USA - SEP 9, 2006
On tap at Barcade...this is a really good pale ale! I can’t say that with more emphasis here. It is full-bodied, with hops galaore and very well-balanced with some sweet, but not too sticky malts and even some honey. Nice ruby-maroon colored beer, with a white head.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
RblWthACoz (964) - Brooklyn, New York, USA - FEB 5, 2008
Pours amber brown. Minimal head. Nose is mild. Slight pine tones. Flavor is unbelievably smooth. Move aside hop bombs. Smooth hearty and meaty tones of hops. Feel is nice and thick on liquid with a good carbonation. Oh so drinkable. I feel like this is what an APA should be. Stellar.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
BellsFan (49) - Michigan, USA - JUL 14, 2009
On tap at Ginger Man in CT. Full of hops and fruitiness. Dark golden pour with a small head. Outstanding!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
magdalar (513) - Zurich, SWITZERLAND - DEC 22, 2011
Draught. Pours a clear light amber with a frothy white head. Smells of citrusy hops and yeast. Tastes of a medium sweetness and bitterness, with a full body and creamy texture. A beautiful pale ale.