Carling Black Label Extra Old Stock Strong

Brewed by Molson Breweries (MolsonCoors)
Style: Malt Liquor
Montreal, Canada

RATINGS: 2   MEAN: 2.7/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.72   EST. CALORIES: 213   ABV: 7.1%

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
jason69 (27) - CANADA - MAR 1, 2007
very good 40, i enjoyed a few of these and they keep getting better everytime i try them....a lil low on alcohol for a malt liquor but it still does the trick and the price is very reasonable. I realy couldnt taste too much corn in it which is good....i rly like this beer

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Oakes (12788) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - AUG 20, 2006
UPDATED: DEC 24, 2006 I canít believe I had to add this to rate it. Thatís fucking awesome. I love obscure malt liquor. I also love how they think Main Street is too good for a brew like this. I had to go to New West just to find a forty of this fine beverage. Well, after that much effort youíre fucking right Iím going to finish this son of a beyotch.

But before I choke back forty long, painful ounces of malt liquor, Iím going to pour some out, as is tradition. If youíve seen my carpet, or met the furry little puking machines I live with, youíll know a little malt liquor on the floor isnít going to do any harm. Having tried OE in a snifter, tulip and abbey glass and found all three to be wholly inadequate, I said fuck it and just used my ghetto-ass Nova Scotia mug for this one. Itís got a deep gold colour. The head foamed up big then died quick like the brother in a horror movie. The stench wasnít so bad actually, a little pale malt, some grain, light alcohol. When tasting I often let a beer sit out for ten minutes or so before even taking a sip. You canít do that with malt liquor, though, not so much because of the first sip but you need to work through a forty efficiently if the end is to be anything remotely tolerable. You could always put it back in the fridge I suppose but thatís a geek thing to do and if youíre getting geeky about malt liquor youíre an idiot (or a GABF judge, god have mercy on them). So yeah, thereís not much to this - itís kind of fizzy in the finish, mild corn, grain, bit of alcohol but nothing fuselly. Reminds me of Crazy Horse in that itís just too nice to be ghetto. Ghetto implies some sort of edge. This is like growing up on the wrong side of the tracks in Kerrisdale. And the ridiculously cumbersome name is no match for the awesomeness of Crazy Horse (any beer that gets sued for its name being offensive and has to change its name is cool in my book). Hey, am I the only one for whom a forty of malt liquor doesnít seem like much booze at all? All those Unibroue 750s must be really affecting my tolerance levels.