overall
Brewed by Molson Breweries (MolsonCoors)
Style: Pale Lager
Montreal, Canada

RATINGS: 320   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.84   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Canada: Carling Black Label
"Brewed in Canada since 1926 using a slow fermentation process and top-quality ingredients, CARLING BLACK LABEL is a light, clean-tasting blond lager with a subtle hint of hops."
Website

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
BREWMUSKCLES (2302) - New Jersey, USA - DEC 18, 2014
not bad for a cheap beer. lighter on flavor but not unappealing. a blonde...now that is an interesting idea. malt syrup.

1.3
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
jsporrer (26) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 14, 2014
My first experience with this was when I was in the military back in the late 70s. At times we were provided beer rations when out in the field. Imagine that? We were given the red can with the black label. It wasn’t a great beer but beggars can’t be choosers. I’ve had worse but it wasn’t that bad either. Not something I would purchase on my own but I’d drink it if the occasion arose. Sometimes we got PBR instead and this was much better.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
teemoney (90) - Wisconsin, USA - NOV 11, 2014
I’m gonna keep it short for ths one: this is by no means a quality beer. That being said, it really is the least offensive "trashy" beer I’ve ever had. And its super cheap! It also helps that it has some sentimental value ( I drank the shit out of this in college). But seriously, for a cheap chugger, I haven’t had anything better.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
KansaiBeerLvrs (2386) - Kyoto, JAPAN - NOV 11, 2014
Bottle, for some reason this is what my Dad chose to drink throughout much of my childhood so I have somewhat of a soft spot for it. Color gold. Head White. Aroma Earthy with not much hops. Taste earthy rough semi-sweet adjunct-malts. Memory - rose tinted...

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
Speedy_Charly (74) - Plaisance, Quebec, CANADA - SEP 13, 2014
Canette 710ml au dépanneur du coin. Redécouverte d’une bière que je n’avais pas goûtée depuis des années. Blonde très claire, effervescente et coiffée d’une mince mousse blanche qui laisse toutefois une belle dentelle sur le verre. Arôme de malt et maïs sucré qui semble prometteur mais qui ne se réalise pas en bouche. Mince de corps et peu goûteuse, il me semble que la Black d’avant Molson /Coors était meilleure...mais il est possible que mes papilles ait été détruites par les IPA artisanales à deux canons...

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Stout4stout (20) - neath, WALES - SEP 1, 2014
My favourite lager. Not too much taste (without being bland) so easy to drink. An excellent thirst-quencher when served ice-cold at the height of the summer.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
nike (967) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 5, 2014
12oz can thanks to my beer buddy Cheap!! I understand the low ratings, but this is a classic label, and great grass cutting brew. I know my numbers are high for this one, but it is a classic!! A cheap beer for the right price!! I would buy a case for that everyday beer.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
exeter (362) - calgary, Alberta, CANADA - MAY 29, 2014
Yellow color that is clear and has a fizzy white head. Leans heavily toward the malts in both nose and taste with a bit of adjuncts thrown in for good measure. Hopping is very light providing little balance. Pretty well crap

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 8/20
Headbanger (3388) - Aurora, Illinois, USA - APR 16, 2014
12oz can (Old Notes)-Pours a clear yellow with a small white head. Aroma of corn, grains, and sweetness. Taste of the same. This light bodied brew is not good nor bad.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
Scrapersnbeer (1491) - Boston, Massachusetts, USA - APR 1, 2014
Sugary floral aroma, like an ice beer sort of. Sweet cereal grain flavor, very low bitterness. Soft and not very carbonated. Says brewed in Milwaukee by G. Heileman. (?) More platform sharing from the secondary empire.