overall
Brewed by Molson Breweries (MolsonCoors)
Style: Pale Lager
Montreal, Canada

RATINGS: 325   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.84   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Canada: Carling Black Label
"Brewed in Canada since 1926 using a slow fermentation process and top-quality ingredients, CARLING BLACK LABEL is a light, clean-tasting blond lager with a subtle hint of hops."
Website

Tmoney99's rating

1.1
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
Tmoney99 (11678) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - APR 11, 2006
Can in Michigan. Light straw color with no head. Light sweet grainy aroma. Light body with a watery texture. Little flavor. Very weak brew.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 4/20
njager246 (502) - grand rapids, Michigan, USA - MAY 20, 2015
Meh for a light beer, abv is nice at least, good for what people want it for I suppose

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
gripweed57 (907) - Hamilton Square, New Jersey, USA - MAY 8, 2015
12 ounce can. Pale gold color. Small Rocky white head. Metallic grainy malt nose. Tangy sweet malt flavor. Thin bodied with bready notes. Slight citrus hops in finish. Pleasant and refreshing.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
Pyrmir (3949) - Uppsala, SWEDEN - APR 22, 2015
Canned in Malawi. Golden with white head. Aroma and taste has pale malt, light soap, perfume and hay. Meh.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
AdamJackson (3426) - Enfield, New Hampshire, USA - MAR 2, 2015
20 ounce can bought up in Quebec. Served by Grant. Pale yellow in color. Sweet aroma, some pineapple. Taste is sweet, light graham cracker and baguette, some table sugar and bitter finish.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
MrHult (406) - SWEDEN - JAN 24, 2015
Burk från kollega, tack! Ljugul vätska med vitt skum. Doftar parfym. Smakar parfym. Inte äcklig men inte speciellt god... Blame Canada!

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
BREWMUSKCLES (2357) - New Jersey, USA - DEC 18, 2014
not bad for a cheap beer. lighter on flavor but not unappealing. a blonde...now that is an interesting idea. malt syrup.

1.3
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
jsporrer (41) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 14, 2014
My first experience with this was when I was in the military back in the late 70s. At times we were provided beer rations when out in the field. Imagine that? We were given the red can with the black label. It wasn’t a great beer but beggars can’t be choosers. I’ve had worse but it wasn’t that bad either. Not something I would purchase on my own but I’d drink it if the occasion arose. Sometimes we got PBR instead and this was much better.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
teemoney (95) - Wisconsin, USA - NOV 11, 2014
I’m gonna keep it short for ths one: this is by no means a quality beer. That being said, it really is the least offensive "trashy" beer I’ve ever had. And its super cheap! It also helps that it has some sentimental value ( I drank the shit out of this in college). But seriously, for a cheap chugger, I haven’t had anything better.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
KansaiBeerLvrs (2854) - Kyoto, JAPAN - NOV 11, 2014
Bottle, for some reason this is what my Dad chose to drink throughout much of my childhood so I have somewhat of a soft spot for it. Color gold. Head White. Aroma Earthy with not much hops. Taste earthy rough semi-sweet adjunct-malts. Memory - rose tinted...

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
Speedy_Charly (126) - Plaisance, Quebec, CANADA - SEP 13, 2014
Canette 710ml au dépanneur du coin. Redécouverte d’une bière que je n’avais pas goûtée depuis des années. Blonde très claire, effervescente et coiffée d’une mince mousse blanche qui laisse toutefois une belle dentelle sur le verre. Arôme de malt et maïs sucré qui semble prometteur mais qui ne se réalise pas en bouche. Mince de corps et peu goûteuse, il me semble que la Black d’avant Molson /Coors était meilleure...mais il est possible que mes papilles ait été détruites par les IPA artisanales à deux canons...