overall
Brewed by Labatt Breweries (InBev)
Style: Amber Lager/Vienna
London, Canada

RATINGS: 47   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.84   EST. CALORIES: 168   ABV: 5.6%
Big red 750ml can, Canadian import

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
iambeer (255) - Ontario, CANADA - MAY 19, 2006
On Tap. Good looking head, lasting lace, a beautiful dark hue. Sweet, with a lasting finish.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
MrManning (2003) - Hamilton, Ontario, CANADA - JAN 30, 2005
On tap at Molly Bloom’s in London, Ontario. Pours a dark body. Red in colour, but it also appears to have a browish colour to it at times. Aroma is nutty, mildly hoppy. taste is watery nuttiness, some sweet malt, and a slight bitterness from hops. Not bad. Creamy and watery at the same time on the finish. Not bad, better than what I expected.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
beanmedic (347) - Hamilton, Ontario, CANADA - SEP 13, 2004
fairly good. I had a full pint and enjoyed it. i tasted only a few bursts of hoppiness once in a while was a little disappointing.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
dirkules (629) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - AUG 31, 2004
On Tap, pours appealing and tastes nutty and sweeter than the original carlsberg. It is a go to tap if I see it amongst the reds.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
jercraigs (7637) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - AUG 8, 2004
Hazy amber red color with a small but good head. Funky slightly malty aroma with a hint of cardboard. Flavour is slightly sweet with a touch of nutty hops and an odd lingering aftertaste. Decent palate for a macro. Was actually halfway enjoyable even if I didn’t really pull out anything much to write about.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
pootzboy (1578) - Hawgville, Ontario, CANADA - JUN 10, 2004
On tap at EJs Baden tavern. Tapped a copper-red color with a thin offwhite cap that did not last and went to a lace that stayed the drink. Low effervescence. Aromas of caramel-toffee sweetness. Started a bit thin with lots of sweet tastes and some nuttyness with undetectatable hop accents. Finished thin, sweet and clean. I’m glad I was thirsty (just got off a motorcycle on a humid 95% day)otherwise I may have been tempted to leave this sweet drink on the bar and order a Pilsner.Too sweet for me or for any style of dark lager.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
Gorbalev (2908) - Ontario, CANADA - MAY 10, 2004
On tap, James St. Feed Co., Ottawa. No mistaking this for anything other than Calrsberg, it just has that taste, although I must say the red bodied appearance looks fantastic. A slightly more malty taste, as you would expect in the colour, but it is still rather thin and not all that exciting.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 14/20
Commodore (112) - Ontario, CANADA - JAN 5, 2004
UPDATED: JAN 31, 2004 My first actual draught beer. Having it again at the same bar was quite something, I can tell you. Beautiful, deep rich red colour, and a head to die for, only the taste seemed a lot less than I had remembered. Malty, and slightly bitter. This one beer made me swear to be a dark-lover all my days.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
jerkadilly74 (155) - mooresville, Indiana, USA - AUG 5, 2003
Just an average brew . The thing that sets it apart from others is that this packs a bit of a punch. If you're looking to get drunk here is one to try.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
garrison (757) - Cin. city, Ohio, USA - AUG 2, 2003
Hey, it's drinkable, but nothing really special... I was truly surprised to discover it at my local Kroger, though!