overall
Brewed by Carlton & United Breweries (CUB)
Style: Pale Lager
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

RATINGS: 178   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.88   EST. CALORIES: 138   ABV: 4.6%
Carlton Draught is one of Australia's biggest selling tap beers. This traditional full strength lager, available nationally, is renowned for delivering "brewery fresh" taste. Carlton Draught provides a crisp mid-palate flavour which is balanced with a clean hop bitterness and a slightly dry finish.

1.4
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
theread (51) - Wagga Wagga, AUSTRALIA - DEC 8, 2003
Like VB and any other Carlton beer. Looks like the real thing, but when you get down to it, tastes like a sugary, watery imitation. This is a poor excuse for beer, and gives Australia a bad name in the beer stakes. Avoid at all costs when at the pub.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
KBeer (117) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - NOV 30, 2003
A bit sweet and sugary for my taste. Its about the same as any Aussie macro, but I would reccomend it over VB on anything but a really hot day.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
bfgill (120) - Tasmania, AUSTRALIA - OCT 6, 2003
UPDATED: OCT 19, 2003 Well when I first tasted this it didnt seem that bad. But a couple of sessions later and I couldnt stand the stuff. Its aroma puts you off to start with, it has no body (which isnt always bad), then comes the big hit of syrupy -sickness - try drinking a real beer then drinking this - its just not kool. cheers

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
mullet (849) - Melbourne, AUSTRALIA - OCT 4, 2003
I think I marginally prefer VB (out of a stubbie at least.) I know I couldn't pick the difference between New/VB/Draught in a blind tasting so I can't really say why, but I just do. The words metallic, fizzy, cidery and chemical come to mind.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
lasonovich (151) - AUSTRALIA - OCT 3, 2003
CUB's best lager beer. Tastes great without the chemical flavour of VB or melbourne. Goes down easy and is smooth and light.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
maupie (927) - Roosendaal, NETHERLANDS - OCT 1, 2003
This beer has a light yellow body - hue with a bitter initial flavor and a light body.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Fez (17) - AUSTRALIA - SEP 8, 2003
One of the all time great tap beers. Seems to have its critics, although I'm buggered if I know what there is to improve. CUB's best effort.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Winchester (75) - Struggle Town NSW, AUSTRALIA - AUG 31, 2003
UPDATED: SEP 18, 2003 Carlton draught is missing something. Im not sure what it is though. A decent beer, that could be great with a little tweaking by the brewer.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
bluevegie (3052) - Perth, AUSTRALIA - AUG 18, 2003
Last time I tried this it wasn't too bad ,well I must have been pissed then cos this ain't that good - too sweet for me.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
Jahills (151) - Cambridge (Hobart), AUSTRALIA - AUG 10, 2003
UPDATED: OCT 8, 2003 A little bit too sweet for a beer and has an aftertaste of honey. A little bit sickly after a while but a full bodied beer that is nothing to write home about. Buy it if you live in Melbourne.