overall
Brewed by FEMSA - Cuauhtémoc-Moctezuma (Heineken)
Style: Pale Lager
Monterrey/Veracruz-Llave, Mexico

RATINGS: 439   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.94   EST. CALORIES: 120   ABV: 4%
A golden refreshing beer which represents the classic Mexican Lager tradition.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
soonerdave (3) - - JAN 4, 2014 does not count
In my opinion Mexico brews the best beer in the world. This is an excellent example of a great pilsner.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
Ribman (13) - Colorado, USA - APR 19, 2012
Had two cold bottles of this at a border town across from Big Bend National park along with a big plate of tacos. In January the temperature was in the 80s and the first drink was heavenly. The rest was pretty good. It might have had a head, but it was inside the bottle and didn’t last very long because I drank it, too. I was too busy wrapping my lips around the bottle to stick my nose in it to give it a smell but I do recall smelling beer so it gets a 7.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
surfmurf (85) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 29, 2003
UPDATED: DEC 27, 2008 I found this beer quite robust and flavorful. Full character and tasted like beer should.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
21iceman40 (1731) - vienna, West Virginia, USA - SEP 3, 2001
The white letter. I liked this beer alot. It had a good solid body to it and a great flavor. One of the boldest mexican beers since negra modelo

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
Big_Pete (32) - Missouri, USA - OCT 23, 2011
This beer tasted good, but not as good as Bohemia. Bought this at Friar Tuck in a make your own six pack. I’d have it again.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
NOSHOWJONES99 (22) - USA - FEB 10, 2002
GOOD ALL AROUND MEXICAN BREW WONT GO OUT OF MY WAY TO GET IT BUT IF I FIND I WOULD CONSIDER THE PURCHASE

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
mcdonaldcl (1) - USA - FEB 8, 2007 does not count
By far one of the best mexican beers ive ever had! Very good tast and not watered down.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
ronaldtheriot (1178) - Laplace, Louisiana, USA - NOV 5, 2010
Carta Blanca has a medium, white head, and a clear golden color. Barley is the only smell that I could pick up in this beer’s faint aroma. The taste is mild, and again, barley is the main, if not only, feature here. There is a slight hop presence in the background, but it seems appropriate for this product. Mouth-feel is light and watery, and Carta Blanca has a refreshing finish. It is not as dry as American lagers. Although mild, for sure, the beer is not bland. I liked this and would certainly like to enjoy another one. RJT

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
TheGreatKen (76) - San Diego, California, USA - JUL 1, 2003
The best Mexican beer ever. It's a little better than Dos Equis. Very crisp taste (common for a Mexican lager).

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
BeerAteHer (384) - St. Paul, Minnesota, USA - JUL 16, 2004
After a poor pour leaving a head the texture of old bath water, I was surprised at the intense grainy aroma and full bodied flavor of this beer. At 6 percent alcohol, this is quite strongly hopped and has the pleasant zingy bitter qualities often found in lighter beers around 3.5 or 4 percent. It also has a pleasant, grainy-citrus aftertaste. This is the kind of beer that would taste good down to the last of a 6-pack; I got mine in a quart bottle at $2.59 which is quite a bargain in my opinion.