Brewed by Cascade Brewery (CUB)
Style: Pale Lager
Hobart, Tasmania, Australia

A full-bodied beer with a strong distinctive hop character and lasting after bitter taste.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Spanner (60) - Canberra, AUSTRALIA - FEB 25, 2004
A cracking all-rounder of an ale: refreshing, tart and punch-packing, able to be drunk all night, and a winner with a host of food options. Spanner.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
Trogdor (196) - Cairns, AUSTRALIA - DEC 14, 2003
Boring lager passing itself off as a pale ale, only redeeming quality is that this beer is well hopped for bitterness and aroma, as with many cascade products. more like a czech pilzner than a pale ale.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
mullet (849) - Melbourne, AUSTRALIA - DEC 12, 2003
UPDATED: JAN 27, 2004 This beer pisses me off because people always tell me how they like "pale ales" and cite Cascade as their favourite. I politely point out that it is not a pale ale at all but I really want to smack them over the head. Anyway... I always thought this was bad but I had it on tap and it was OK. Quite similar to Cascade Premium on tap - lightly malty and lacking the metallic bitterness that most megalagers have. Might drink it again soon. RR: I had it again and it was pretty bad. Don't know how I thought it could compete with their Premium - funky fruit and metal mostly.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
bfgill (120) - Tasmania, AUSTRALIA - OCT 9, 2003
This beer is refreshing enough, fresh aroma, supporting malt with a sturt hoppy finish finishing with a lingering bitterness. Not a bad lager, it stumbles against coopers though, but is superior to cascade draught. a beer you can drink and drink and drink and drink.....cheers

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
lasonovich (151) - AUSTRALIA - OCT 2, 2003
Nothing special about this beer. Its easy drinking but without any great flavour.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
bluevegie (3068) - Perth, AUSTRALIA - SEP 19, 2003
Poor head retention but decent lacing, very slight floral aroma, medium bitterness but overall it wasn't too bad.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Fez (17) - AUSTRALIA - SEP 8, 2003
A good pale that falls just short of the Coopers equivalent. Tends to lose head and in my view there are better Cascade beers. However for those keen on pale, always seems to get a good wrap. Widely available on tap and very drinkable on those occasional stinking hot Tassie afternoons.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 10/20
farmboy (218) - Barwon Heads, AUSTRALIA - AUG 12, 2003
This has to be the most confusing beer I have ever had. My cricket club sells it in cans and stubbies and sometimes it tastes magnificent and one is never enough. Sometimes it tastes rancid and dirty. Nice on tap if your local has it.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Jahills (151) - Cambridge (Hobart), AUSTRALIA - AUG 10, 2003
UPDATED: NOV 21, 2003 A good beer on tap, full body and quite smooth. Unfortuately for me being a taswegian, not as good as coopers sparkling.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
Sully (1379) - Potts Point, New South Wales, AUSTRALIA - JUN 4, 2003
Many years ago my good mate SBgoodDave and I sat down and agreed that this was a pretty good drop. Now, either through affluence or education we probably would not think the same thing. Perhaps the local beer industry is also to blame, as while the ABV has been kept constant I question whether the malt:sugar ratio has been maintained. Now this is a thin and pale pretender compared to the older (pre CUB) version. Is it an ale or simply a piss poor lager? Good now for its burpability. Barneybeer.