overall
Serve in Stem glass, Tulip

RATINGS: 232   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.41   EST. CALORIES: 192   ABV: 6.4%

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
nearbeer (3427) - Knoxville, Tennessee, USA - SEP 25, 2008
33 cl, bb 12/03/09. Clear orange-gold with a lasting half-inch cap of cream that smears the glass with frosting. Light caramel apple aroma. Flavors of grain, caramel, and apple are countered by bitter pith and oak. Light-medium body is dry and too carbonated for me.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
after4ever (5928) - Brier, Washington, USA - SEP 9, 2008
750, corked and baled. Pours a crystal clear medium gold. Thick, fizzy platinum blonde head that falls quickly to film. Light stringy lace. Sweet, somewhat cloying aroma of grass, caramel, and toffee. Medium, slightly undercarbonated body. Sweet, cloying, grassy, caramelly, toffeeish. Definitely needs to scale back the sweetness in several directions. Long sticky sweet finish.

DeadGuyFrank (347) - http://westchesterbeer.com, USA - AUG 23, 2008
My wife is not much of a beer drinker, but when I poured this into my saison glass she said, "now that is a good looking beer." Perfect white fluffy head that lasts, so much subtle, repeat subtle yeasty, hoppy, carbonated taste in each sip - one of my favorites.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
FishManLA (337) - Abita Springs, Louisiana, USA - JUL 8, 2008
Bright gold color with a fizzy head with medium retention and nice lacing. Nose of biscuits and fruit. Fresh malt taste with obvious fruit notes and somewhat more subtle toffee notes and suggestions of honey and spice. Tart, tangy, clean, and fresh finish. A perfect beer for watching a sunset on a spring or summer evening.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
ApisAles (1576) - Greenbelt, Maryland, USA - JUL 1, 2008
Pours a beautiful golden orange color with a big creamy head that disappears quickly. Not a whole lot on the aroma, a little grass, a little malt, nothing spectacular. The flavor though is almost a little sourdough biscuit with some great sweetness hiding in there. Really nice smooth flavor. I would love to try this with some cheddar cheese. This is a really god beer.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
ajm (1063) - Los Angeles, California, USA - JUN 30, 2008
Bottle recommendation from Sam at Stuffed Sandwich. I was impressed. I don’t go for this style usually, but what I found here was a cloudy... old-looking... gold with an equally moth-eaten head. Such a complex body: mold (in a good way), hop, gentle spice - sweeter than a clove, sweet yeast, wet wood. Almost fungal wood. I choose odd words because I must get across how pleasantly odd this tasted to me. If this bottle were ’garded’ any longer it would have turned to dust. Seemingly - it was actually a fresh bottle.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
kiefdog (1826) - Tampa, Florida, USA - JUN 28, 2008
75cl bottle from Willow Bend Liquors (Tampa, FL). Pours a cloudy honey-caramel color with a frothy white head that settles somewhat slowly and provides lacing on the glass. Aroma is ripe, green grapes, woody, nutty, and maybe a hint of saffron. Aroma is likely better and more complex than the taste. Notes of honey, slight and faint hoppiness, faint sweetness and spice. Generally light-bodied with a quick but tangy finish.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
nefarious (220) - Waterford, Michigan, USA - MAY 30, 2008
vewry good! I guess my expectations were so low for this that I was soooo pleasantly surprised by how much I liked it. Very golden pour with a huge creamy head. wasnt big on the grassy and sharp aroma but what a great flavor. Grapes and slight fruit and mild hops. Would be wonderful session beer. I will have this again!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
DownsouthGav (601) - Greater London, ENGLAND - MAY 1, 2008
Cream, treacle, barley, malt, spice. Pours a golden amber coloured beer with visible carbonation and large white head. Soft, light mouthfeel. treacle, malty, hoppy. hops are quite strong, an enduring palette. Quite nice.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
durhambeer (2500) - Durham, North Carolina, USA - APR 7, 2008
Pour is -- not surprisingly -- bright deep golden, transparent with bubbly white head and nice lacing. Grassy, slightly spicy, flowery, and a sharp/bitter hop aroma. My first sip was not what I expected, and I admittedly thought of malt liquor. But I do this beer no justice with such a comparison... I am a novice with this style. After a few sips, I was hooked. Same flavors as on the nose, but a little more floral and even a slight bit fruity in its undertones. Improves as it gets closer to room temp. It’s relatively subtle, but I really like this beer.