overall
Serve in Stem glass, Tulip

RATINGS: 239   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.43   EST. CALORIES: 192   ABV: 6.4%

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
37steel (186) - St. Charles, Illinois, USA - FEB 1, 2008
750ml bottle. Hazy golden with a thick white head. Flowery, yeasty nose. A nice tart brett flavor. Went really well with the pork I ate it with.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Fulkrum78 (175) - Knoxville, Tennessee, USA - SEP 22, 2005
First Biere de Garde i have had so no idea what to expect. Wonderful aroma and mouthfeel. Good head which faded soon. Noticeable alcohol. I’d get it again!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
bockimstein (167) - New Madrid, Missouri, USA - MAY 23, 2010
11.2 oz bottle to tulip. Pours golden and hazy with nice thick white head. Saison and grass. Great palate, very smooth. Fantastic finish. Rivals any farmhouse style ale. A really wonderful beer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
haggis03a3 (164) - Piedmont, California, USA - SEP 27, 2009
Light orange color with small white head. Yesty, some hops, fruit, earthy, bready and kind of Belgian tasting. Refreshing.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
elektrogeist (158) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - AUG 22, 2005
This would be one of my absolute all time favorite beers.. if not just for the aroma of it when properly aged. Nothing else smells quite like it, best I can say is like a flowery cork. This stuff drinks VERY easy and tastes delicious on a hot day. And I don’t know what they put in it, but it feels like its a hell of a lot stronger than 6.4% alcohol. Quality brew can be deceiving like that. Anyway, if you have the good fortune to come across this brew-by all means try it.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
BT (123) - Westchester, Illinois, USA - AUG 18, 2006
Poured golden wheat with a bit more sunshine; plenty of bubbly, tiny, foamy bubbles, but the aroma was small, very light, but refreshing, very much like a belgian but much weaker, sweet and yeast. Mouth is light also with a malt sweet flavor, but mostly wheaty or grassy. A nice summer beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Kiapepito (110) - Port Angeles, Washington, USA - SEP 21, 2006
smells like honey, and color is gold and it is very bubbly. i really really liked this one. way to go frenchies!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
notwoohoo (109) - Atlanta, Georgia, USA - SEP 9, 2005
Bottle. Granted, this is my first biere de garde, but I really loved it. It seems saison and this style have really won me over when I dont want an in-your-face apa or such. Great aroma typical of a farmhouse ale, with the malt taking a front seat to the yeastyness. Overall, it has this flavor similar to Unibroue Edition 2004 to me for some reason, mixed with Saison Dupont. Very much enjoyed and highly recommended!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
jonwell (104) - Huntington Beach, California, USA - NOV 17, 2004
Sunshine on a winter night. A contradiction in terms to say the least, but, there it was. Who are we to question norms when we don’t know if we’re even alive or a dream in the mind of an alien bug? Is this cool breeze another figment of another consciousness? This lemon grove? This field of grass? The golden blonde hair of my companion? I may never know... but I doubt I’ll ever care.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
corpsuckle (101) - Washington, USA - JAN 4, 2014
UPDATED: JAN 11, 2014 Haven’t had many French beers... This one was great! I thought it was a nice balanced example of the style; not overbearing in any aspect. I’ll be buying more of this one.